Boldmere St Michaels 4 v 2 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2016-2017

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Boldmere St Michaels 4 v 2 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Saturday 10th December 2016
Midland Football League Premier
Boldmere St Michaels 4 v 2 Coleshill Town
Mikes: Alister Brauns, Jack Skinner, Max Black, Simeon Maye.
Colemen: Dale Taylor, Gio Dainty.
Attendance: 124.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Dean Rathbone (Coleshill) Jack Skinner (Boldmere)


Boldmere: Lewis Fenney, Keenah Rosser, Anthony Fitzmaurice, Alister Brauns, Harry Craven, Adam Wood, Ben Usher-Shipway, Alex Forde, Jack Skinner, Simeon Maye, Owen Parry. Subs Remi Bell, Brad Lindsey, Kyle Byrne, Max Black, Kyle Dean.

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, Andre Gonzales, Josh Quaynor, Dean Rathbone, Tom Fishwick, Rob Evans, Dale Taylor (Corey Currithers), Craig Milligan, Jordan Nadat, Tom Weale, Giovanni Dainty (Mykel Beckley). Subs not used Tom Cullen, Corrie Powell.

Coleshill's roller coaster ride under caretaker manager Simon Lyons continued with defeat by a team 16 places below them in the league table. Lyons first game in charge was a 6-1 drubbing of Shawbury but this was quickly followed by defeat to 17th placed Long Eaton. A very impressive FA Vase win over Westfields should have set the Colemen up nicely when visiting near neighbours Boldmere St Michaels but a below par performance ended with a disappointing defeat.
Coleshill were up against it after just 23 seconds. Town keeper Paul Hathaway found himself way out of his box to clear a harmless looking through ball but a sliced kick fell straight to the feet of Brauns who had an empty net to aim for and he didn't miss. Coleshill slowly started to work themselves back into the game but the home team had something to hold onto now and were very dangerous on the break. A dangerous cross by Rob Evans was header over his own bar by Craven. Skinner almost got to a back pass first but Hathaway just managed to clear, an Andre Gonzales shot was blocked on the line and home keeper Fenney parried away a shot by Tom Weale. Parry was gifted a free shot at an open goal from a Hathaway clearance but he couldn't find the net. Rob Evans volleyed a corner over the bar from a great position and Craig Milligan wasn't too far away with a shot from 25 yards. A Dean Rathbone header went across the goal mouth and Jordan Nadat saw his shot pushed round the post by Fenney as Coleshill started to dominate but couldn't find the breakthrough.

It might not have been 23 seconds but Coleshill were level within a minute of the re-start. A Dean Rathbone shot was parried by Fenney but Dale Taylor was on hand to force home the loose ball. Rathbone was then on the end of a Tom Weale through ball and although his shirt was clearly pulled he kept going, got his shot in which was saved by Fenney. A Gio Dainty shot was heading for the net but the home defence were now throwing themselves in the way of everything. Completely against the run of play, Boldmere once again took the lead on 56 minutes. Skinner did well to get into the box but his shot seemed to be covered by Hathaway but somehow the ball escaped his grasp and ended up in the net. A loose ball by Tom Fishwick presented Maye with a glorious chance but his effort scraped the outside of the post. On 58 minutes Andre Gonzales broke into the box and he found Gio Dainty on the left edge and his powerful low shot evaded everyone and found the far corner of the net, 2-2. Coleshill continued to be the dominant force with Tom Weale going so close with a shot from just outside the box. Then disaster! Craig Milligan got his second yellow card of the game, although his team mates thought it was a case of mistaken identity, and he was off! Down to ten men with still thirty minutes to play it should have been time to settle for the draw but Town were so much in command they still went for it. Andre Gonzales saw his shot deflected for a corner, a Josh Quaynor cross/shot was parried by Fenney then the home keeper was out at the feet of Jordan Nadat but gaps were beginning to appear in the Town defence and Paul Hathaway made a class save, tipping the ball over the bar from a Skinner header. Fenney saved from Mykel Beckley twice in succession but is was not to be Coleshill's day and with five minutes to go the Mikes took the lead for the third time as a cross from Parry was met at the far post by Black to force home. As the game entered injury time Boldmere made the points safe as a cross by Byrne was headed back across goal by Brauns and Maye came steaming in to smash the ball into the net.

A View From The Other Side
A match report taken from Boldmere web site

The Mikes 4-2 Coleshill Town
By The Mikes

The Mikes secured a vital win against Coleshill Town on Saturday.

Two late goals gave the Mikes maximum points for the first time in five games after an enthralling match high flying Coleshill Town. After an improved showing in midweek against Solihull Moors a continuation was needed against ‘The Colemen’. There were four changes in the line-up Andy Lewis (injured), Shane Benjamin (work) and Joe Smith (holiday) were unavailable being replaced by Alistair Brauns, Owen Parry and Simeon Maye respectively whilst Lewis Fenney and the fit again Keenah Rosser were preferred to Sean Butler and Remi Bell.

A dull wet afternoon saw the match spark into life before the spectators had time to settle, a stray ball into the visitors left back area looked innocuous enough until keeper Paul Hathaway made a complete hash of his clearing kick. The ball found Alistair Brauns in the centre of the park some thirty five yards from goal and he promptly despatched it into the net past the despairing custodian with just twenty three seconds gone. Shortly afterwards Jack Skinner had a header saved but as the match progressed it became a midfield battle for supremacy. Visiting skipper Hathaway almost gifted the Mikes a second goal when his intended underarm pass out was blocked by Maye the loose ball running to Parry who inexplicably shot wide of the gaping goal. It looked it may prove costly as Coleshill turned up the heat and Robert Evans fired over when well placed. The Mikes back four looked in solid form and repelled the efforts of the visitors to claw their way back into the game and the break arrived with Boldmere still a goal to the good.

The match restarted in increasingly wet conditions and in similar fashion to the opening half a goal was scored immediately and it was the visitors turn on this occasion. Dale Taylor forcing the ball home from close range after Fenney had saved initially from Dean Rathbone. The home side were now forced on the defensive but brave blocks by Harry Craven, Adam Wood and co kept the Colemen out. In a rare home attack Skinner cutting in from the left on fifty six minutes struck a shot that on another day Hathaway might have thrown his cap, to add to his disappointing afternoon the effort went under the diving keeper and nestled in the back of the net. A Maye effort moments later went the wrong side of the post and instantly it was two apiece. Andre Gonzales raiding from the right back position found Giovanni Dainty lurking down the left and his cross cum shot beat Fenney. This spurred the visitors and Wheale was close with a good effort. However the turning point was just round the corner Craig Milligan who had earlier been booked received a second yellow on the word of the assistant referee and was dismissed although the Coleshill players seemed to think it was mistaken identity. It followed a foul on Maye that was dealt with after an advantage had been played. Would the visitors settle for a share of the spoils? It seemed unlikely as Joshua Quaynor, Jordan Nadat and substitute Mykel Beckley all went close or were foiled by Fenney. In reply Hathaway atoned for his earlier misjudgements by clawing away a Skinner header following a Kyle Byrne cross. As the game entered the final five minutes the Mikes took the lead for the third time Max Black forcing home after another right wing cross and this was followed in stoppage time by Maye smashing the ball gleefully into the back of the net after Brauns had headed back across goal.

A thoroughly entertaining afternoon’s football with the Mikes glad to record their first home win on the new pitch.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2016-2017”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest