Gorleston FC 0 v 3 Coleshill Town - FA Vase

First Team Match Reports 2016-2017

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Gorleston FC 0 v 3 Coleshill Town - FA Vase

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Saturday 7th January 2017
Buildbase FA Vase 4th Round
Gorleston FC 0 v 3 Coleshill Town
Scorers: Jordan Nadat 2, Dean Rathbone.
Attendance: 226.

Gorleston: Taurean Molloy, Harley Clements, Luke Goreham, Mitchell McKay, George Yusuf, Aarron Taylor, Jack Garrod, Peter Oldham, Dale Cockrill, Connor Ingram, Kyle Baker. Subs Damon Wise, George Parkin, Joel Watts, Kyle Ingham, Keegan Middleton.

Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Andre Gonzales, Josh Quaynor, Tom Weale, Rob Evans, Tom Fishwick, Reece Leek, Craig Milligan (Dale Taylor),, Jordan Nadat (Jesse Race), Dean Rathbone (Curvin Ellis), Giovanni Dainty. Subs not used Dominic Cotter, Corey Powell.

Coleshill Town ran out 3-0 winners at Gorleston of the Eastern Counties League. Rob Evans forced a save from the home keeper after just four minutes with Jordan Nadat being denied by Luke Goram's goal-line clearance 20 minutes later. That spurred the East Anglians into action and they twice went close themselves before Coleshill opened the scoring nine minutes before half time when Dean Rathbone netted from 25 yards. The Warwickshire outfit doubled their lead just after the hour when Reece Leek's low cross was turned in by the unmarked Nadat in the middle. And as Gorleston threw everyone forward in injury time, Nadat tucked away his second after Gio Dainty's effort had hit the bar.

Coleshill Town took their chances in a tight match to progress into the last 16. Dean Rathbone's opportunistic opener separated the sides at half time and Jordan Nadat all but sealed the Midland League outfit's safe passage just past the hour. Gorleston did not give in but were picked off by Nadat in injury time as the Pack Meadow club got another step closer to Wembley. The Colemen started on the front foot with Rob Evans marauding forward from the back to force a stop from Greens keeper Taurean Molloy with four minutes gone. Nadat was denied by Luke Goram's goal-line clearance after 26 minutes before the hosts kicked into life. Mitch McKay's fizzing centre flew past everyone and moments later, Jack Garrod fired in a teasing cross that just evaded Connor Ingram at the far post. Having survived those scares, Coleshill led on 36 minutes when Reece Leek's swift break was halted only for Dean Rathbone to fire home the loose ball from 25 yards. The visitors doubled their lead on 61 minutes. Having outpaced his marker on the right, Leek's low centre was converted by the unopposed Nadat in the middle. Gio Dainty hit the bar for Coleshill before Nadat found the empty net while Molloy was up for a corner in the last knockings.
STAR MAN: Jordan Nadat.

Coleshill travelled to Eastern Counties League outfit Gorleston in confident mood following three straight wins but the home team were the form side, undefeated in 18 league games. The first 45 minutes flew by as two evenly matched sides went toe to toe in a very entertaining game. Coleshill broke quickly from a Gorleston corner Reece Leek finding Rob Evans whose shot was well saved by the impressive home keeper Taurean Molloy. The home side had better possession but Coleshill looked really dangerous on the break with the pace of Leek and Jordan Nadat. McKay sent a low free kick along the 6 yard line which only needed a touch then Garrod's cross was even closer as that went along the goal line but again there was no-one about to convert the chance. Molloy saved from Tom Weale just before Coleshill took the lead on 36 minutes. The hard working Jordan Nadat held the ball up well but there looked no danger until Dean Rathbone took a punt and found the net from 25 yards. Molloy saved from Nadat, Rathbone's goalbound shot was deflected for a corner and defender Oldham miss-kicked a clearance which came off the post as the Colemen finished the half on top.

Coleshill continued where they left off with Molloy out quickly at the feet of Reece Leek and then saved from Jordan Nadat despite being surrounded by three defenders. Town were now so dominant that the home side were reduced to shots from distance with keeper Paul Hathaway having a quiet afternoon. Taylor shot wide from just inside the half way mark then Garrod shot wide when well set up by Cockrill but on 61 minutes Coleshill doubled their lead. Tom Weale sent Reece Leek down the right wing and his pin-point cross was tapped home by Jordan Nadat. Paul Hathaway saved at the feet of Ingram and then Molloy saved yet again from Nadat. Another Reece Leek run and cross found Dean Rathbone who saw his effort come back off the bar, the rebound came to Gio Dainty whose cross went right across the goal before Rob Evans shot over the bar from 25 yards. Time was running out and Gorleston were trying desperately to get something from the game but were getting no change from a solid defensive display. In injury time the home side forced a corner and had eleven men in Coleshill's half. The corner was cleared quickly to Jordan Nadat who rolled the ball into an empty net from fully 40 yards.

A near perfect display to nullify a team that were riding a crest of a wave in their own league. Previous manager Paul Casey broke all sorts of records in his four years at Coleshill but new boss Simon Lyons has broke one already, last 16 of the FA Vase for the very first time! Who will it be next?

A Match Report taken from Gorleston web site

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/gorleston ... /0-3588389
Road to Wembley Closed by Coleshill
By David Hardy

Gorleston were knocked out of the FA Vase by a quality Coleshill side and we wish them well in the remainder of the competition.

Ricci Butler made three changes to the side that had overturned Felixstowe in the previous match.

Alex Kounnas was injured and replaced by Luke Goreham at left back. Dale Cockrill and Kyle Baker were given starts in preference to Keegan Middleton and Joel Watts who had to be content with seats on the bench.

The game began at a high tempo. Inside the first four minutes Connor Ingram had a shot deflected wide with Coleshill breaking fast from the resulting corner and forcing Taurean Molloy to save well low down from a Robert Evans shot.

A nice move by the visitors after nine minutes saw Thomas Weale get in six yards from goal with only Molloy left to beat. Weale lifted the ball over Molloy but also over the bar.

Gorleston were going to have to be wary of the visitors fast-paced forward line and four minutes later only an excellent interception by Aaron Taylor prevented Coleshill from having another chance.

Connor Ingram tried his luck from a free kick but it was easy for visiting keeper Paul Hathaway before another quick counter sent Coleshill on the charge again. Molloy raced from his box to snuff out the attack but the ball fell to Jordan Nadat who fired it back towards the open goal where Luke Goreham had recovered to clear off the line.

The Greens then had their best two chances of the match, both coming in similar fashion.

Firstly, Mitch McKay hit a sneaky free kick in the 32nd minute from the right low into the near post where Baker was inches away from applying a touch, the ball fizzing across the face of goal avoiding any touch that would have resulted in a goal.

Two minutes later Jack Garrod beat his man on the right and hit a low cross from the by line which went between the keeper and his near post, across the face of the goal, again avoiding any touch and just inches in front of a lunging Connor Ingram at the back post.

Molloy denied Weale at the other end before the visitors took the lead.

Reece Leek broke forward and was stopped by a challenge but the ball fell to Dean Rathbone 20 yards out and he drilled a shot past Molloy and into the top corner.

Molloy was again called into action early in the second half racing from his goal to deny the speedy Leek who had got in behind.

The visitors were having the better of the play with Gorleston reduced to a couple of long range efforts and Coleshill increased their lead in the 61st minute.

Once again the Gorleston defence was outpaced by Leek on the right and his low cross found Nadat in front of goal for a simple tap in.

Butler made changes and Gorleston had to push forward which left them open to the quick counter.

Molloy denied Nadat low down before Giovanni Dainty rattled the Gorleston cross bar.

A minute into injury time the Greens gained a corner, pushing everybody forward, including Molloy who went up towards the half way line. The corner was cleared and the ball found Nadat, he took it on into the open spaces of Emerald Park and shot it into the goal from midway inside the Gorleston half.

This was the fifth time Gorleston had reached the fourth round of the Vase and only once before had they made it any further. It was also only the third time the Greens had failed to score this season, the other two times also saw them knocked out of cup competitions.

Club president Kevin Antcliffe sponsored the match and named the Batemans man of the match as Jack Garrod.

Gorleston: Taurean Molloy, Harley Clements (c)(Keegan Middleton 69), Luke Goreham, Mitch McKay, George Yusuff, Aaron Taylor, Jack Garrod, Peter Oldham (Damon Wise 69), Dale Cockrill, Connor Ingram, Kyle Baker (Joel Watts 62)

Bookings: Baker 49; Cockrill 76; Garrod 87

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway (c), Andre Gonzales, Joshua Quaynor, Thomas Weale, Robert Evans, Thomas Fishwick, Reece Leek, Craig Milligan (Dale Taylor 69), Jordan Nadat (Jesse Race 90+3), Dean Rathbone (Curvin Ellis 89), Giovanni Dainty

Bookings: Quaynor 53; Leek 56; Fishwick 79; Taylor 83

Goals: Rathbone 36; Nadat 61, 90+1

Attendance: 226

Ref: Mr C Pearse

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2016-2017”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest