Coleshill Town 4 v 2 Tividale

First Team Match Reports 2016-2017

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2219
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 4 v 2 Tividale

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Tuesday 17th January 2017
Midland Football League Premier
Coleshill Town 4 v 2 Tividale
Town: Jordan Nadat 2 (1 pen), Josh Quaynor, Mykel Beckley.
Dale: Daniel Smith 2.
Attendance: 97.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Tom Weale (Coleshill) Karl Gardner (Tividale)
Supporters Club Man Of The Match, Sponsored by Greensleeves: Tom Weale.

Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Rob Evans, Josh Quaynor, Tom Weale, Tom Fishwick, Jesse Race, Corey Currithers (Reece Leek), Dale Taylor, Jordan Nadat, Giovanni Dainty (Craig Milligan), Mykel Beckley. Subs not used Andre Gonzales, Dean Rathbone, Matt Gasper.

Tividale: Luke Kriskianans, Jacob Wedderburn, Chris Hill, Karl Gardner, Freddie Watts, Liam Smith, Lewis McPike, Lewis Probert, Chris Bladen, Durragh Bustin, Dan Smith. Subs Shane Grainger, Eliot Harvey, Tom Hardman, Harvey Walker, Dominic Oliver.

In this league every game is a tough one as was proved a few weeks ago when relegation threatened Boldmere beat top of the table Alvechurch 3-0, and bottom club Brocton beat title favourites Lye 3-1. Tividale were lying second bottom of the table when they arrived to play 4th placed Coleshill but a very young, talented visiting team played some of the best football seen at Pack Meadow this season and Town had to work really hard to secure their sixth straight win. Coleshill had the first chance of the game with Jordan Nadat hitting the side netting but it was Tividale who looked the sharpest. Bladen got to the bye line and found McPike at the far post but he shot wide then McPike had a goalbound shot blocked from a corner. Mykel Beckley cut inside from the left and saw his shot well saved by visiting keeper Kriskianans, the first of many impressive saves. Tivi deservedly took the lead on 14 minutes when Dan Smith controlled a ball in the box with his back to goal but he turned quickly and shot left footed into the net. A Tom Weale free kick hit the foot of the post then Probert tried his luck from 30 yards and this time the woodwork came to Coleshill's rescue. Coleshill needed to up their game and they equalised on 37 minutes with a really well worked goal. Tom Weale won the ball on the edge of his own box, Gio Dainty found Mykel Beckley on the half way line who flicked the ball round a defender to Dale Taylor who sent Josh Quaynor away down the left side with a fine through ball. Quaynor had options but decided to shoot and his powerful effort was too hot for Kriskianans and found the back of the net. Kriskianans then saved from Corey Currithers and Jordan Nadat as Coleshill finished the half on top.

At the start of the second half Tividale again impressed with their style of football. Home keeper Paul Hathaway had to be off his line quick to save at the feet of Bustin but Coleshill took the lead on 54 minutes in somewhat controversial circumstances. Jordan Nadat's overhead kick from a Paul Hathaway long free kick was blocked but came out to Rob Evans on the bye line and he appeared to be felled by Kriskianans. With nothing given play continued but when the ball returned to the same spot both Evans and Kriskianans continued their scuffle and this time the referee did award a penalty. Jordan Nadat calmly stroked the ball home from the spot. Mykel Beckley had the ball in the net but play was brought back for an earlier foul. The Colemen were now in full swing and increased the lead on 63 minutes. Town pinned the visitors back on their 18 yard line and a Tom Weale blocked shot fell to Reece Leek wide right and his pin-point cross found Jordan Nadat running at the centre of the goal for a tap in. Tividale kept playing and were rewarded just two minutes later when Paul Hathaway came for a corner but the ball dropped to Smith who quickly hooked the ball into the net with an overhead kick. A great header by Jesse Race sent Mykel Beckley clear on goal but his attempt to bend the ball into the net was well saved by Kriskianans and Nadat hit the side netting with the follow up. A free kick by Oliver came off the head of Tom Fishwick and had to be saved by Hathaway at the foot of the post. Kriskianans saved from Josh Quaynor after a 1-2 with Reece Leek, a Leek cross was volleyed wide by Mykel Beckley and Jordan Nadat had the ball in the net from a Tom Weale pass but was adjudged off side, which looked harsh. A long ball from Tom Weale was touched past the keeper by Reece Leek but also past the post, then Weale took a punt from 35 yards that Kriskianans just managed to get a finger to and then Weale was back again this time with a free kick that came back off the post. The points were finally made safe with just four minutes remaining and again it was Tom Weale that was involved as his lofted through ball was met by the overlapping Rob Evans, his touch taking the ball beyond the keeper leaving Mykel Beckley with a tap in for 4-2. Kriskianans had the final say as he saved well from a Rob Evans shot from 25 yards.

A sixth straight win but Coleshill had to work hard to be level at half time then overran their young opponents in the second half.

A Match Report taken from the Tividale web site
A Weale masterclass gives Coleshill the points

Once again Tividale received the praise of the plaudits with another attractive display and It was nice to hear the comments from the home officials and spectators including “Tividale are a very young, talented team that played some of the best football seen at Pack Meadow this season” But unfortunately good football does not always get you what you deserve.

Coleshill had the first chance of the game with Jordan Nadat hitting the side netting, but Tividale hit straight back Saturday’s two goal hero Chris Bladen’s cross found Lewis McPike at the far post but he shot wide. McPike then had an effort blocked from a Lewis Probert corner. Coleshill’s Mykel Beckley then saw his shot well saved by Luke Kriskinans.

Tividale took the lead on 14 minutes when a deep Probert cross was turned back into the box by McPike to Dan Smith who controlled the ball with his back to goal, turned and shot left footed past Coleshill keeper Paul Hathaway and into the net. Even before Tividale’s opener the impressive Coleshill midfielder Tom Weale was looking a class apart and literally everything from the home side was going through the “Coleshill Quarterback” His first effort was a free kick that hit the Tividale post. But Probert did the same at the other end with an effort from even further out.

Coleshill equalised on 37 minutes with a lightening counter attack. From a Tividale attack Weale cleared the ball from the edge of the Coleshill area and found Gio Dainty with what was possibly his worst pass of the night. Dainty then fed in Beckley who in turn passed onto Dale Taylor who then sent Josh Quaynor away down the left and his shot beat Kriskinans.

Kriskinans was the busier of the two keepers as the half ended having to deny a Weale header and save Corey Currithers and Nadat shots.

Half Time:-Coleshill Town FC 1-1 Tividale FC

Tividale had the first half chance of the second half but Hathaway did well to save at the feet of Darragh Bustin. Coleshill took the lead on 54 minutes in somewhat controversial circumstances. A clearance fell to Jacob Wedderburn but he was tackled by Coleshill full back Rob Evans. Kriskinans came sliding out and Evans went down but not before he had played the ball to Dainty. Dainty’s shot on goal was blocked by Freddie Watts and cleared. But the referee brought the game back and awarded the home side a penalty for what we can only assume was for the earlier Kriskinans challenge on Evans.Nadat then stepped up and scored from the resulting spot kick.

Coleshill extended their lead on 63 minutes again it started with a Weale scooped pass to Reece Leek whose cross was not cleared effectively. The ball came back out to Weale and his shot was cleared straight back to Leek gain whose cross this time found Nadat who made no mistake side footing home into an open goal.

Tividale gave themselves a lifeline two minutes later when Hathaway fumbled a McPike corner and the ever alert Smith performed an overhead kick to make it 3-2.A Dainty pass sent Beckley clear but his shot was parried out by Kriskinans and Nadat hit the rebound wide. Then a Tividale free kick took a deflection that Hathaway had to scramble away. A Leek cross was hit wide by Beckley and then Weale saw Kriskinans off his line and tried an outrageous strike from about 35 yards that the keeper did well to get back and paw away. Then a Weale 30 yard free kick came back off the inside of the right post and substitute Craig Milligan hit the rebound against the other one.

Coleshill added their fourth in the 86th minute when after some neat work by Beckley resulted in that man Tom b****y Weale playing another measured defence splitting lofted pass to Evans and his own half volleyed pass into the path of the on running Beckley was tapped home.

Full Time:-Coleshill Town FC 4-2 Tividale FC

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2016-2017”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest