Kings Lynn Town 4 v 1 Coleshill Town - FA Cup

First Team Match Reports 2017-2018

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2206
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Kings Lynn Town 4 v 1 Coleshill Town - FA Cup

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:31 pm

Saturday 2nd September 2017
Emirates FA Cup First Qualifying Round
Kings Lynn Town 4 v 1 Coleshill Town
Linnets: Leon Mettam 2, Ryan Hawkins, Cameron Norman.
Colemen: Danny Tymon.
Attendance: 817.

Linnetts: Alex Street, Cameron Norman, Frazer Blake-Tracey, Ryan Fryatt, Tom Ward, Ryan Jarvis, Micheal Clunan, Craig Parker (Harry Whayman), Tom Siddons (Michael Gash), Leon Mettam (Toby Hilliard), Ryan Hawkins.

Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Jorna Moulton, Anton Astley, Danny Tymon, Joe Cole, Luke Edwards, Ryan Edmunds, Gio Dainty, Liam Molesworth, Dean Rathbone (Sam Ford), Reece Leek (Matt Gardner). Subs not used Jesse Race, Dominic Cotter.

Coleshill's FA Cup hopes were dashed by a 24 minute battering in Norfolk. A mere 17 minutes separated goals from Leon Mettam, who bagged the first and third, Ryan Hawkins and Cameron Norman. Dan Tymon's 25 yard rocket moments after half time was scant consolation for the Colemen. The hosts seized the initiative when Michael Clunan and Craig Parker combined to release Frazer Blake-Tracy out wide for his centre to be eased in by Mettam. Lynn quickly doubled their lead as Mettam turned provider, playing in Hawkins to make no mistake when confronted by keeper Paul Hathaway. Mettam added his second in the 18th minute when a lovely weighted pass from Parker found the hotshot. Parker was soon involved again, finding Norman to bludgeon into the top corner beyond Hathaway before Tymon's rocket gave Coleshill renewed impetus.

When Coleshill Town decided to allow AFC Wulfrunians full possession in the second half of their Bank Holiday Monday league encounter, I reckon they were practicing for this FA Cup 1st Qualifying round match against Kings Lynn, a side two leagues further up the pyramid. Reece Leek played a lone striker role with two solid lines of defence behind him in a 4-5-1 formation. And it worked, for seven minutes! The Lynn's played some lovely football across the back line and if Liam Molesworth had found the net instead of shooting narrowly wide when he pinched the ball off a defender, Town would have had something to hang on to. From then on the home team took complete control and cut Coleshill open at will. On 7 minutes a slick move down the right ended with Blake-Tracey's cross tucked home by Mettam. Just one minute later Clunan broke up a Coleshill move, quickly set up Hawkins who confidently finished past Town keeper Paul Hathaway. Coleshill were chasing shadows and Paul Hathaway saved from Siddons before Kings increased the lead on 17 minutes. One simple through ball by Parker released Mettam who beat Hathaway with a low shot. And on 23 minutes it was four as Kings Lynn stampeded down the right wing, Norman doing a clever one-two before crashing the ball into the roof of the net. For the rest of the half it was one way traffic but with no further goals Coleshill went to the break 4-0 down.

Two years ago Coleshill travelled to AFC Fylde in the 3rd Qualifying round of the FA Cup and were also 4-0 down at half time. Fylde continued the onslaught in the second half, final score 9-0. Thankfully on this occasion Coleshill showed some bottle! They started to play somewhere near their potential and started to get into the faces of their opponents. And, won the second half with a fabulous, goal of the game strike from Danny Tymon on 54 minutes. Yes the home side eased off as you would four goals up but it was much better from the Colemen, why didn't you do that from the start! There was some goalmouth action, home keeper Street saved a Matt Gardner header and Hilliard hit the side netting for the home side but there were no more goals and Coleshill could come away with their heads held high despite a 4-1 defeat.
Just the League and the Vase to look forward to now!

Taken from Kings Lynn web site ... next-round

Classy Linnets Cruise Into Next Round.

The Linnets cruised into Monday's 2nd Qualifying Round draw with with a first half masterclass to blow away their Midland League opposition.

The visitors had the first chance inside the opening minute, Liam Molesworthy firing narrowly past Alex Street's post.
From there it was all one way traffic with Lynn taking full control of the game.
On 7 minutes a delightful passing move involving Michael Clunan and Craig Parker saw the ball go out wide to Frazer Blake-Tracy who's ball across goal was tapped home by Leon Mettam.
With the ripples of applause still being heard Lynn doubled their lead, Mettam turned provider to play in Ryan Hawkins who made no mistake firing past Hathaway.
Mettam added his second of the game and Lynn's third on 18 minutes, A lovely weighted pass from Craig Parker found Mettam inside the box who drilled the ball low and hard past Hathaway.
Three soon became four on 24 minutes, Cameron Norman who was announced as the player of the month for August got his name on the score sheet, A superb pass from Parker found Norman who smashed the ball across Hathaway and into the top corner.
Coleshill manager Cameron Stuart must of had plenty to say in the dressing room at half time as the visitors came out and got themselves on the scoresheet inside the opening minutes of the second half, Daniel Tymon fired an absolute rocket from 25 yards past Alex Street.
With the game coming to an end, Lynn substitutes Michael Gash and Toby Hilliard linked up with Hilliard firing into the side netting.

Taken from their web site
Lynn breezed through to the second qualifying round of the FA Cup demolishing their step 5 opponents in a blistering 25 minute start that saw them charge to a four goal lead leaving the visitors mesmerised.
It was, however, the visitors that were first to show in the third minute in what was probably their best chance of the game.
Ryan Hawkins gave the ball away near the 18-yard box and Liam Molesworth running through but he fired wide. Then Lynn took control with four well-worked goals.
Lynn took the lead on seven minutes when Black-Tracy's simple cross gave Leon Mettam an easy finish after neat work by Craig Parker.
The next minute saw Mettam turn provider as he played in Ryan Hawkins to slot past visiting 'keeper Paul Hathaway.
Tom Siddons then forced Hathaway into a good save but Coleshill had no answer to Lynn's slick passing and on 18 minutes a Cameron Norman and Parker combined to with Parker slipping the ball to Mettam to drill home his second of the afternoon.
On 24 minutes Lynn made it four with Cameron Norman scoring from the tightest of angles, smashing the ball past Hathaway and into the top corner.
Hawkins had a chance to make it five on 37 minutes but he fired over when well placed and Ryan Fryatt nearly got his head to Norman's cross just before half time.
The second half was a much different affair. Coleshill came more into the game, closing Lynn down, giving them less time on the ball and generally frustrating them.
Whilst Lynn's goals were well worked the goal of the match was a deserved consolation from Daniel Tymon striking from 25 yards giving Alex Street no chance.
Lynn had chances to go score further goals, Mettam blasting a free kick straight at the wall and then substitute Toby Hilliard hitting the side netting.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2017-2018”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest