Haughmond 0 v 1 Coleshill Town - League Cup

First Team Match Reports 2017-2018

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Haughmond 0 v 1 Coleshill Town - League Cup

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:42 am

Tuesday 31st October 2017
Midland Football League Cup Second Round
Haughmond 0 v 1 Coleshill Town
Scorer: Jordan Nadat.
Attendance: 45.
Opposition Player Of The Match:

Haughmond: Sam Jones, Dave Howells, Matt Fletcher, Arron Simms, Jack Griffiths, Dan Williams, Kevin Renshaw, Scott Graham, Andy Jones, Steve Hole, Matt Owen. Subs Jamie Hyne, Carl Rogers, Sam Phillips, Joe Parry, Scott Ryan.

Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Jorna Moulton, Anton Astley, Danny Tymon (Gio Dainty), Joe Cole, Luke Edwards, Liam Molesworth (Ryan Meredith), Joe Halsall, Jordan Nadat (Sam Ford), Reece Leek, Dean Rathbone. Sub not used Ryan Edmunds.


A single goal 3 minutes into injury time in the first half by Luke Edwards, or did Jordan Nadat get the last touch, was enough for Coleshill to grind out a win in the League Cup that traditionally has the Final at the Bescot Stadium, home of Walsall FC. It wasn't a gripping game and the home side made most of the running, hitting the woodwork twice, but Coleshill did enough and despite struggling for form are still top of the league and still in three cup competitions.

Home keeper Jones made a reaction save from Jordan Nadat from point blank range before Hole nipped in between Joe Cole and Paul Hathaway to a back pass but Hathaway stood up tall and saved the subsequent shot. Jordan Nadat sent Liam Molesworth clear but a goal saving tackle by Simms saved the day and the home team went up the other end and hit the post with a shot from Hole. Keeper Jones saved from a great run and shot from Reece Leek but in reality there had been little goalmouth action until time added on when Luke Edwards met a Reece Leek corner, his header was goal bound but Jordan Nadat claimed the final touch.

Coleshill sat back in the second half allowing Haughmond to dictate the pace. A shot by Renshaw thundered off the bar and Ryan shot narrowly wide but a poor game, with few chances, ended with Coleshill progressing through to the third round where they will entertain Sporting Khalsa on Monday 11th December.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2017-2018”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests