Coleshill Town 8 v 1 Blaby & Whetstone Athletic - FA Vase

First Team Match Reports 2017-2018

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 8 v 1 Blaby & Whetstone Athletic - FA Vase

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Saturday 11th November 2017
Buildbase F.A.Vase Second Round
Coleshill Town 8 v 1 Blaby & Whetstone Athletic
Coleshill: Jordan Nadat 6, Joe Halsall, Reece Leek.
Blaby: Rikki Bates.
Attendance: 123.
Supporters Club Man Of the Match, Sponsored by Greensleeves: Jordan Nadat.

Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Jorna Moulton, Joe Cole (Tom Fishwick), Rob Evans, Luke Edwards, Danny Tymon, Ryan Edmunds (Liam Molesworth), Joe Halsall, Jordan Nadat, Reece Leek (Dean Rathbone), Gio Dainty. Sub not used Anton Astley.

Athletic: Thomas Holyoak, Ross Lavin, Mitchell Warner, Perry Johnson, Joe Latham, Daniel Henfrey, Daniel Marriot, Toby Warner, Jack Allen, Rikki Bates, Kai Tonge. Subs Karl Wilson, Joe Morrall, Ben Allen.

It was Coleshill Town who clocked up the most goals as they saw off East Midlands Counties side Blaby & Whetstone 8-1 at Pack Meadow. Striker Jordan Nadat was the star turn, netting six times as the Colemen overcame having Luke Edwards sent off early in the game. Reece leek and skipper Joe Halsall were also on the scoresheet.

Electric was the word used to describe Coleshill's victory over Blaby & Whetstone Athletic, including a (double) hat-trick for Jordan Nadat. Strikes from Reece Leek and Joe Halsall also secured victory as the Colemen ran riot, despite Luke Edwards being sent off with the scores at 1-1. Coleshill, who reached the semi-final of the competition last year, took the lead just before the half hour mark when Nadat struck a free kick hard and low to beat Blaby's flailing keeper. The visitors equalised though through Ricky Bates. Coleshill suffered a further setback when Edwards was sent off after an altercation, but Nadat poked in one-way traffic ensued. He than secured his first hat-trick at the start of the second half, while Coleshill destroyed Blaby with Leek and captain Halsall making it five before dangerman Nadat ran through the Blaby defence like a blow torch through butter to score three more goals to fire the Warwickshire side through.
Star Man: Jordan Nadat.
Entertainment: *****


Coleshill Town FC are on the march to Wembley again and this time they are determined to go ONE better than last seasons magnificent run that took them to the Semi Final.

The Colemen started this seasons campaign with a potential banana skin with the visit of Blaby & Whetstone Athletic from the East Midlands Counties League, one step below Coleshill, and with the score at 1-1, it could have all gone pear shaped when Luke Edwards retaliated after being fouled and was shown a RED card but a scintillating second half performance saw them safely through to round Three.

The visitors looked a well organised and confident side in the opening exchanges as the two sides sounded each other out but Town were slowly getting on top and deservedly took the lead on 24 minutes. Jorna Moulton made a fine run into the heart of the visitors defence and when he went down under a heavy challenge it looked a penalty but the Referee awarded a free kick on the edge of the box. No worries, Jordan Nadat took the kick and his left foot shot found the back of the net although keeper Holyoak's attempt to keep it out was poor. Within a minute Blaby were back in the game as a harmless long ball was headed back to his keeper by Joe Cole but Bates intercepted and confidently lifted the ball over a stranded Paul Hathaway for the equaliser, a well taken goal. The game was now livening up and Reece Leek hit the post with a volley from a Jordan Nadat cross and then a great cross from Ryan Edmunds was sent just the wrong side of the post by Nadat. Goalscorer Bates and experienced defender Luke Edwards then had an altercation and when Edwards retaliated the Referee produced a red card. Would Coleshill re-group and set up more defensively? Well no, on 37 minutes a quick throw by Paul Hathaway sent Joe Cole racing into the opposition half, Nadat and Leek then combined cutting open the Athletic defence and when Nadat's initial shot was saved he reacted quickest and made no mistake at the second attempt. Bates and Tonge combined well with the latter's goalward shot getting a deflection for a corner as an entertaining half finished with Town 2-1 up.

So 45 minutes with ten men do you defend the lead? Well Coleshill obviously decided that the best form of defence is attack as they went full steam at the Leicester side and scythed through their defence at will. Jordan Nadat completed his hat-trick on 52 minutes when he chested a long ball by Hathaway into his path and nonchalantly pushed the ball past the keeper. On 56 minutes a low hard 25 yard shot from Reece Leek gave keeper Holyoak no chance for No4. It was one way traffic now, the visitors in disarray allowing manager Cameron Stuart to give his bench a run out and Dean Rathbone's cross was headed into the net by captain Joe Halsall on 71 minutes. Two minutes later it was six as Jordan Nadat was too hot to handle and at times with four players around him he still managed to find the back of the net. At least No7 was a bit easier for Nadat as he was set up by Gio Dainty for a tap in on 75 minutes. The action never stopped as Nadat fired wide then hit the side netting and a Dean Rathbone shot was tipped round the post before Jordan Nadat completed his double hat-trick on 87 minutes as he finished off a fine run and cross by Gio Dainty. There was still time left for Holyoak to push a Dean Rathbone curling shot on to the bar and Tom Fishwick to head over.

An electric second half by Coleshill scoring SIX without reply! Jordan Nadat will get the headlines for his double hat-trick, deservedly so, but this was a team performance! Every man deserves credit as the Colemen blew away the opposition in the best 45 minutes seen at Pack Meadow in many a year. Coleshill have been threatening to do this for a while now but in this game it all came together.

The draw for the 3rd Round is on Monday and at this stage is still regional, the competition goes national for the 4th round, with the game due to be played on Saturday 2nd December.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2017-2018”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest