Sporting Khalsa 1 v 3 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2017-2018

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2564
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Sporting Khalsa 1 v 3 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:45 pm

Tuesday 20th February 2018
Midland Football League Premier
Sporting Khalsa 1 v 3 Coleshill Town
Khalsa: Jak Jeys.
Town: Matt Gardner, Reece Leek pen, Joe Smith.
Attendance: 75.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Mykel Beckley (Sporting) Joe Smith (Coleshill)

Sporting: Sam Arnold, Carlo Franco, Shawn Boothe, Leon Miles, Tesfa Robinson, Josh Thomas, David Meese, Michael Perks, Jak Jeys, Mykel Beckley, Mensay Kinch. Subs Luke Adams, Dan Lomas, Danico Johnson, Mark Branch, Rikardo Reid.

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, Joe Smith, Joe Cole, Danny Tymon, Exodus Geohaghan, Gio Dainty, Ryan Edmunds (James Hicks), Liam Molesworth, Matt Gardner (Joel Grandison), Reece Leek, Anton Astley (James Medford). Sub not used Dominic Cotter GK.

The crunch games keep coming as the most exiting race for the title in years hots up. Five teams are still very much in the hunt and when Coleshill unluckily lost to Worcester City ten days ago, it meant there was very little room for further mistakes. Coleshill rose to the challenge and recorded their first ever win over Khalsa, a team who they have been neck and neck with over the last couple of seasons.

The game started in typical fashion with both sides well up for the challenge. Joe Smith's header from a Ryan Edmunds corner was cleared off the line and Reece Leek shot over the bar from the edge of the box. Sporting took the lead on ten minutes with a fine goal. Thomas nicked the ball from Coleshill's possession wide left and quickly released Jeys. The ex Coventry United player made progress into the box and cleverly side footed past keeper Paul Hathaway into the far corner of the net. Reece Leek beat the keeper to a through ball but his toe-poke effort went the wrong side of the post. From two Khalsa corners Gio Dainty headed over his own bar and Danny Tymon cleared a header off the line. It was end to end stuff as Ryan Edmunds hit the bar with a free kick from just outside the box, ex Town player Mykel Beckley almost increased the lead but Paul Hathaway got the finest touch to his goal bound shot and Meese' shot from the resulting corner cannoned off the bar. Meese had another shot from just outside the box which went over the bar before Coleshill equalised on 40 minutes. Sporting broke from their own box but Danny Tymon's great challenge broke up the move. Tymon fed Ryan Edmunds who in turn released Reece Leek and when his shot past the keeper it left Matt Gardner with a tap in. Jeys had a chance to re-take the lead just before the break but his attempted lob went way over the bar.

Reece Leek had the ball in the net early in the second half but was off-side. Home keeper Arnold saved an effort from Danny Tymon. A sweeping move involving Joe Smith and Liam Molesworth found Matt Gardner on the edge of the box but he shot over the bar as Coleshill started the half in the ascendancy and they got their reward on 56 minutes. When Matt Gardner was pushed to the ground in a packed penalty area from a Exodus Geohaghon long throw-in. Reece Leek finished from the spot. Coleshill were well on top now and Arnold saved a Reece Leek shot with his feet and then Town increased their lead on 68 minutes. Matt Gardner worked ever so hard to win the ball off the home centre back and when the ball came out to Joe Smith he cleverly picked his spot and found the far corner of the net. Minutes later Liam Molesworth and Mykel Beckley clashed on the touch line and a hand-bags scuffle resulted in just about every player from both sides getting involved. After a long delay the Referee decided to show Red cards to Molesworth from Coleshill and Danico Johnson and Carlo Franco from the home team. Several Yellow cards were shown as well and then Sporting's manager was sent to the stands. The minor incident really could have been handled so much better and it killed the game. Coleshill had further chances through Reece Leek, James Hicks and Joel Grandison but the contest was over from the sendings off and Coleshill did as much as they needed to.

A very powerfull second half performance from Coleshill and with some big, big games coming up they need to maintain this form.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2017-2018”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest