Stourport Swifts 1 v 1 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2017-2018

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Stourport Swifts 1 v 1 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Tuesday 27th February 2018
Midland Football League Premier
Stourport Swifts 1 v 1 Coleshill Town
Swifts: Ben Priest.
Town: Matt Gardner
Attendance: 63.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Myles Newman (Swifts) Exodus Geohaghon (Town)


Stourport: Dominic Richards, Joe Colley, Matthew Fulloway, Jim Hanson, Joe Hanson, Harry Higginson, Nick MacPherson, Myles Newman, Callum Parker, Alex Perry, Ben Priest. Subs Jack Rogers, Reiss Taylor - Randle.

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, Anton Astley, Joe Cole, Joe Smith, Exodus Geohaghon, Joe Halsall, Joel Grandison, Ryan Edmunds, Matt Gardner, Reece Leek, Gio Dainty. Sub used James Hicks. Subs not used Dominic Cotter GK, Luke Edwards, Tom Fishwick, Josh Bates.

Matt Finish Is Not Enough For Town

Coleshill had to settle for a share of the spoils from their clash with Stourport on Tuesday night. Coleshill started the game well and had a number of early chances. Striker Matty Gardner had their first effort while former Nuneaton defender Exodus Geohaghon then saw a header cleared off the line as Town fought to take the lead. Those two players then combined for Coleshill to eventually take the lead just after the half hour mark on 32 Minutes. Geohaghon headed a set piece across the box and Gardner pounced to smash home in front of the goalkeeper. Swifts battled hard as Myles Newman blazed over from the edge of the box and Callum Parker's angled shot was tipped over the bar by Paul Hathaway. Town though did not let up and Joe Halsall then had a shot cleared off the line before Reece Leek was put clean through in the minutes leading up to half time. With a chance to square it on, Leek went for goal himself but he saw his effort saved by the goalkeeper. On reflection, he probably should have squared to guarantee a goal but you can never fault a selfish striker. Half time came and boss Cameron Stuart's message was same again but be more prolific. However, the Colemen were pegged back as a defensive mix-up and failure to clear the ball in their box saw Ben Priest finish expertly from five yards out. Coleshill took over and Swifts hung on in the closing stages, with Leek shooting wide from ten yards out and Richards twice saving well from Geohaghon after a succession of Coleshill corners. Ryan Edmunds then spurned the best chance by shooting straight at the Swifts keeper from 12 yards out. Both sides battled however in the end they had to settle for a point each.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2017-2018”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest