Coleshill Town 1 v 3 Oldbury United

First Team Match Reports 1980-1981

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 1 v 3 Oldbury United

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:02 am

Saturday 23rd August 1980
Midland Combination Division 1
Coleshill Town 1 v 3 Oldbury United
Scorer: Own Goal.

P3 W0 D1 L2 F2 A7 Pts1 Pos20/20

Team: Tony Sammons, Steve Howes, Saunders, David O'Rourke, Chris Davies, Neil Hobbs, Barry Canning, Paul Hevingham, Steve Tolley, Andrew Canning, Butler. Sub Morrisey.

The game got off to a brisk start with Canning and Hevingham going close for Coleshill and Wedgebury and Nichols for Oldbury. After 15 minutes Olbury took command of the game and only great goalkeeping by Coleshill's Sammons kept the sheet clean. After 37 minutes Bridget weaved his way through the Coleshill defence, laid the ball across the 6 yard line and Nichols sidefooted the ball into the net. After 40 minutes Coleshill's left back Davies was carried off with concussion. In the closing minutes Bryon went close again for Oldbury.
Half Time: Coleshill Town 0 v 1 Oldbury Town

Coleshill Fall To Oldbury

Coleshill showed good form in the first half of this Midland combination First Division game, but an injury to full back Chris Davies near half-time did not help their cause and Oldbury ran out comfortable winners. Both sides made a lively start with Canning and Hevingham looking particularly dangerous for Coleshill and both went close to scoring. Oldbury hit back for Wedgebury and Nicholls to bring the best out of home keeper Sammons, who then proceeded to show smart anticipation in thwarting a number of Oldbury raids. In the 37th minute Bridgett ran through Coleshill’s over worked defence to cross the ball hard and true for Nicholls to side foot the visitors in front. Three minutes later Coleshill lost the services of Davies, who was carried off suffering from concussion and Oldbury almost made it 2-0 when Bryon shot inches wide. In the 54th minute, Coleshill, showing plenty of determination, levelled matters forcing an own goal from Beeson, but Oldbury were quick to hit back and in the 60th minute Steve Shaw exploited Coleshill’s rearguard deficiencies with a well taken goal. Coleshill never gave up but conceded a third goal to Ford in the 71st minute.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 1980-1981”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests