Site Admin

Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Cradley Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:56 pm

Saturday 5th September 1981
Midland Combination Division One
Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Cradley Town
Scorers: Julian Sawajka, Bob Dyer.

P7 W5 D1 L1 F14 A7 Pts11 Pos2/22

Team: Mark Hollins, Kevin Tipton, Julian Sawojka, Bob Dyer, Mark Bishop, Barry Canning. Confirmed. Probable: George Hackett, Carl Campbell, Robert Woodward, Gary Jones, Ron Cartwright, Brad Russell, Tony Hanson, John Gardner, Kevin Churchill, Dyer S, Chris Davies, James, Mark Williams.

Mark Bishop debut?

SPORTS ARGUS WROTE
Coleshill Boss Slams Tamworth

Coleshill Town manager Colin Holder this week slammed Tamworth boss Alan Hampton after receiving seven days notice of approach from Hampton for striker Tony Hansen. He said: I am really annoyed about this. I have worked hard this summer to put a brand new side together at Coleshill, and we now have some good players. Alan Hampton must have known in the close season he needed new players and should have done this work then, instead of disrupting other sides now. We have had our best start for years and now within a matter of weeks other club's are after our players. I am hoping Tony will stay with us. Obviously we cannot compete financially with Tamworth, but the team spirit is very good here and I think he has enjoyed it. The team is playing well and we have played to Tony's strengths and he has responded by producing his best form in a long time and he is enjoying his football game. Hampton commented: It is not my scene to get involved in slanging matches with other managers. I can understand Colin's frustration, but managing a football club is a difficult business and I have got a job to do, that is to get the best players I can."

CHELMSLEY NEWS WROTE
More Points For Coleshill

Claiming their fourth (or was it five) Midland Combination Division One victory of the season, Coleshill moved into second place and on this showing Colin Holder's men could be in the running for honours. A hot sunny day and a bumpy pitch did little to help football skills and in the opening stages it was Cradley who had the better of the exchanges and they took the lead through Jackson who beat keeper Hollins with a powerful 30 yard shot. Although without Tony Hanson who was attending a wedding, Coleshill fought they way back into the running, with Tipton going close with a great shot that the Cradley keeper did well to flip over the bar. Five successive corners came Coleshill's way and their efforts were rewarded on 35 minutes when Sawojka equalised from close range. In the 40th minute Coleshill jumped in front - a brilliant five man move ended with Bob Dyer netting. Coleshill remained on top in the second half but failed to penetrate a solid Cradley defence, although Bishop and Canning should have done better than scooping the ball high and wide when only six yards out of goal. There was a scare for Coleshill five minutes from the end. Cradley were awarded a free kick and their central defender Shell headed past Hollins into the net but the goal was disallowed for an infringement. Manager Colin Holder was pleased with Coleshill's overall performance but is disturbed by three club's serving notice of seven day approaches for three of his players. He said this week, "I have built up a good squad over the close season and now when the team spirit is high, other club's are coming in for our players. It is very disappointing."

Return to “First Team Match Reports 1981-1982”