Hurley Daw Mill 3 v 2 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 1981-1982

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Hurley Daw Mill 3 v 2 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Saturday 27th February 1982
Midland Combination Division One
Hurley Daw Mill 3 v 2 Coleshill Town
Town: Barry Tempest, Gary Jones pen.
Mill: Cotton, Dianty 2.

P25 W10 D6 L9 F32 A32 Pts26 Pos7/22

Team: Mark Hollins GK, John Gardner (Sub Nigel Burrows), Steve Pollock, Barry Tempest, Gary Jones, Kevin Tipton, Mickey Calvert. Confirmed.
Phil Hemming, Ron Cartwright, Mark Bishop, Robert Woodward. Probable.
(Bob Dyer and Tony Hanson didn't play)

Coleshill Out Of Luck At Hurley

Coleshill have now gone six games without a win and their hopes of keeping in the Midland Combination First Division title race were shattered by second from bottom Hurley. Having drawn 2-2 with Hurley earlier in the season at Pack Meadow, manager Colin Holder was hoping to get back on the winning trail, but without the services of Bob Dyer and Tony Hanson, Coleshill disappointed in the first half, conceding goals to Cotton and Dainty. Even so, Coleshill missed several scoring chances and were unlucky to see efforts from Calvert and Jones go inches wide. Nigel Burrows replaced John Gardner at the start of the second half but after a shot from Tipton had scrapped the crossbar Hurley jumped further in front. Collins sped past Coleshill's defence and was up-ended by keeper Hollins on the edge of the penalty area. From the free kick Dainty scored with a brilliant shot. Pollack, playing a centre forward role for Coleshill, headed a cross from Burrows onto the post and when Barry Tempest was pushed up front to augment attacks it became one-way traffic with Hurley forced to defend in depth. Coleshill's efforts were rewarded when a shot from Pollack rebounded from the keeper to Tempest who promptly netted. Pollack was again in the thick of things and saw a shot handled on the line. From the resultant penalty Gary Jones slotted in Coleshill's second goal. The battle was really on and Burrows must have despaired to have a fine shot hit the crossbar. Pollack, Tempest and Jones all had goal bound shots charged down and luck was all against Coleshill and especially Burrows as he rose to head a corner from Jones against the crossbar. This Saturday Coleshill visit Oldbury United and manager Holder is hoping to field a full strength squad for the first time since the beginning of December.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 1981-1982”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest