Cambridge City 2 v 0 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2018-2019

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2424
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Cambridge City 2 v 0 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Saturday 15th September 2018
Evo-Stik Southern League Division One Central
Cambridge City 2 v 0 Coleshill Town
Scorers: Sharman, Hall.

City: Gooch, .Robinson, Capel, Towner, Mailancol, Robinson, Paterson, Nelson-Addy, Hall, Sharman, Olukanmi. Subs: Oyinsan, Squire, Maynard, Relizani, Midgley.

Town: Matt Coton, Joe Cole, Gio Dainty, Rob Evans (Josh Webb), Guy Clark, Danny Tymon, Ryan Edmunds, Joe Halsall, Liam Molesworth (Nathan Waite), Reece Leek (Connor Doyle), Joe Smith. Sub not used Chris Gibson GK.

Coleshill extended their winless league run to three games as they went down to a brace of first half strikes. The first came after 14 minutes when Sharman gave the Lilywhites the lead with a cool close range finish. A rapid break upfield led to City doubling their lead on 34 minutes when Hall profited from a quick throw from the Cambridge keeper. Coleshill came out after the break looking to reduce the arrears but were unable to mount a comeback and the home side saw out their first clean sheet of the season.

By Craig Hamilton

The first ten minutes were even with both sides sizing up the other. Coleshill had the first chance of the game when Gio Dainty played the ball to Reece Leek but he failed to control the ball and it went out for a goal kick. Then on 14 minutes a long ball from the right over the top of Coleshill defence found Sharman at the far post to easily slot home. 1-0 to Cambridge. Then good work from Liam Molesworth found Joe Smith down the right but his cross is cleared only as far as Rob Evans 25 yards out but his fierce shot is punched clear by home keeper Gooch. Joe Smith then flicked a header wide from a good cross by Ryan Edmunds. On 34 minutes Cambridge took a two goal lead as a Coleshill cross was easily taken by Gooch and he immediately threw it long for Nelson-Addy on the right wing. He played the ball inside to Sharman who then found Hall clear inside the box to score. Coleshill had played the better football but found themselves two down at half time.

Straight from the kick off Cambridge were presented with an opportunity to kill the game off as a poor back pass went straight to Sharman inside the box but home keeper Matt Coton was quick to see the danger and saved at the strikers feet. Minutes later Coton made another great save to keep Coleshill in the game. The Colemen were not at their best and failed to yet a solid Cambridge defence. Both sides had further chances but there was no more scoring and overall Cambridge were the better side and deserved their 2-0 win.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2018-2019”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests