Aylesbury United 3 v 4 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2018-2019

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2244
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Aylesbury United 3 v 4 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:05 am

Saturday 9th February 2019
Evo Stik Southern League Division One Central
Aylesbury United 3 v 4 Coleshill Town
Ducks: Harry Jones, Harry Tucker, Tre Mitford.
Colemen: Joe Halsall, Joe Smith, Jordan Nadat, Amarvir Sandu.
Attendance: 104.

Aylesbury: Archie Davis, Anthony Ball, Jake Bewley, Jack Wood, Callum Mapley, Harry Tucker, Max Hercules (Ben Seaton), Greg Williams (Ollie Hogg), Tre Mitford, Aaron Berry (Sonny French),Harry Jones. Sub not used Chris Crook.

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, Craig Deakin (Kane Baldwin), Josh Webb, Matt Jackson, Guy Clark, Joe Smith, Joe Cole, Joe Halsall, Jordan Nadat, Reece Leek, Liam Molesworth (Amarvir Sandu). Subs not used Dominic Cotter GK, Stuart Hendrie, Connor Doyle.

Coleshill Town held off a late Aylesbury United comeback to run out 4-3 victors on the road. The hosts took the lead after quarter of an hour when Harry Jones rapped in past Paul Hathaway in the Town goal. But the Colemen turned things around with two unanswered scores through Joe Halsall and Joe Smith, before Harry Tucker levelled on the hour. Goals from Jordan Nadat and Amarvir Sandu all but sealed the points, although Aylesbury made things interesting when Tre Mitford scores with 15 minutes remaining but could not force an equaliser.

A win at last. It’s been Six games since the Colemen comfortably beat Bromsgrove Sporting but suspensions and injuries disrupted the team and it’s been a bit of a struggle of late. Two draws and three defeats saw Coleshill drop away from the play-off places but today’s fine away win puts the Colemen level with next weeks opponents Sutton Coldfield and just four points off a play off place.

An impressive Aylesbury beat Coleshill at Pack Meadow back in October, so it was going to be tough.

The home side had a couple of early chances, Mitford fired over the bar and Tucker volleyed just wide, before they took the lead on 17 minutes. Tucker spun his marker and drove the ball to Mitford who allowed the ball to run on to towards Jones and the winger’s first time shot went under the visitors keeper Hathaway and into the net. As has happened many times this season captain Joe Halsall dragged Town back into the game with a header at the far post from a Joe Smith free kick on 33 minutes. A couple of minutes later Reece Leek broke down the right, switched play to Liam Molesworth who found Jordan Nadat who shot just over the crossbar. Just before the break in a quick counter attack, Jordan Nadat squared the ball to Joe Smith who found the net from the edge of the box. United levelled on 57 minutes with a spectacular strike from Tucker from 25 yards finding the bottom corner of the net. Coleshill were back in front two minutes later when, from a corner, Guy Clark’s header hit the post and Jordan Nadat forced the ball home and on 73 minutes it was four as a clearance was blocked by Jordan Nadat, the ball hitting the post and Amarvir Sandu was on hand to score his first goal for Coleshill. Aylesbury hit back immediately with another cracker this time from Mitford to make it 4-3 and that was the end of the scoring in a very entertaining game of football.

Coleshill upped the tempo in the second half pressing the home side into mistakes which they then deservedly took advantage of. A very welcome three points.

Next up it’s the derby against Sutton Coldfield Town at Pack Meadow next Saturday.

A Match Report taken from Aylesbury United’s web site

Match report by Chris Howarth
Harry Tucker scored the pick of the goals with a low drive from 25 yards as the Ducks went 3-4 to Coleshill Town. The Ducks went ahead early before being pegged back and were left chasing the game. Aylesbury came into this one of the back of two consecutive victories and were in fine form.
The Ducks flew out of the blocks, playing direct football to breach the Coleshill backline. With four minutes played, Tre Mitford rolled his man from a Harry Tucker pass and fired over the bar from 18 yards. 5 minutes later, United continued to push, Max Hercules’ cross was cleared but only as far as Tucker who struck a volley wide of the post.

The Ducks kept pressing and soon enough made the breakthrough they were looking for. With 17 minutes played, Tucker span past his marker and drove the ball towards Mitford. The striker let the ball roll through to Harry Jones who finished first time underneath the Coleshill keeper. 1-0 Aylesbury
After the opener, the game fell quiet and chances were kept to a minimum. Callum Mapley went into the ref’s book for a challenge on Jordan Nadat. The resulting free kick led to the visitor’s leveller when Joseph Smith whipped the ball towards the back post and Joseph Halsall was there to head into the back of the net on the half hour mark. 1-1

Chances were kept to a minimum and on the stroke of half time, the Ducks were behind. Nadat grabbed the ball on the left and squared a cross to Smith who fired into the top corner. 2-1 Coleshill A low blow just before the break for the Ducks.
Half-time: Aylesbury 1-2 Coleshill
The second half began as slow as the first ended. Both sides testing the water but neither going in for the full plunge. The Ducks made a change to shake things up with Sonny French replacing Aaron Berry. That change seemed to pay off too as United began to press on and kicked it up a gear.
With 57 minutes played, the Ducks were level. Tucker grabbed onto the ball 25 yards out and spectacularly picked out the bottom corner. 2-2

The Ducks lead was to be short lived, a corner from Coleshill picked out Halsall at the back post and he headed onto the post, following a goalmouth scramble Nadat stabbed home from inside the six-yard box. 3-2 Coleshill
With 20 minutes to play, United made their final two changes to try and find a way back, Greg Williams and Hercules were replaced by Ben Seaton and Ollie Hogg.
On 73 minutes, The Ducks back line caused their own downfall as they failed to clear their lines early enough and eventually Mapley struck the ball off of Nadat, the rebound hit the post and fell to Amavir Sandhu to slot away. 4-2 Coleshill
Immediately the Ducks pulled one back, Mitford touched the ball down well on the top left-hand side of the box and picked out the back of the net with a neat finish. 3-4

In the last 2 minutes, Coleshill nearly had a fifth. A fast break allowed Nadat down the right and his cross was headed wide by Smith.
The game closed out at 3-4 to the visitors. The Ducks were made to rue missed chances and will feel they could’ve had more out of the game. Next up for the Ducks, a County Cup fixture in the week against Maidenhead United.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2018-2019”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest