Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Welwyn Garden City

First Team Match Reports 2018-2019

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2553
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Welwyn Garden City

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Saturday 9th March 2019
Evo Stik Southern League Division One Central
Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Welwyn Garden City
Colemen: Liam Molesworth, Joe Halsall.
Citizens: Elliot Bailey.
Attendance: 133.
Supporters Club Man Of The Match, Sponsored by Greensleeves: Joe Halsall.

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, Craig Deakin, Joe Cole (Kane Baldwin), Matt Jackson, Guy Clark, Joe Smith, Liam Molesworth, Joe Halsall, Jordan Nadat (Stuart Hendrie), Reece Leek (Amarvir Sandu), George Washbourne. Subs not used Ashanti Pryce, Gio Dainty.

Welwyn: Lewis Todd, Dan Carr, Jon Sexton, Isaac Ebelebe (Eusebio Da Silva), Jack Humphrey, Jay Rolfe, Mathew Campbell-Mhlope (David Manu), Charlie Pattison (Nathan McGreevy), Elliot Bailey, Dave Keenlyside, Brendan Orcan. Subs not used Romelle Alomenu, Brodie Carrington.

Coleshill battled to a 2-1 victory over Welwyn Garden City in windy conditions. Welwyn took the lead three minutes before the break when centre back Guy Clark ducked under a harmless long ball and Elliot Bayley lobbed stranded keeper Paul Hathaway. Town equalised just after the hour mark thanks to a great run into the box by George Washbourne, who fed Liam Molesworth to bend his rebounded shot into the corner. The skipper completed the comeback with more than 20 minutes left, powering in a header from a corner.

A very entertaining game on a very windy day, the visitors with the wind at their backs first half. Reece Leek headed a Craig Deakin cross over the bar in the first minute, George Washbourne hit a left foot shot just wide of the far post. Big shout for handball in the box when a Washbourne cross came into a crowded 6 yard box. A quality cross from Dan Carr found Mathew Campbell-Mhlope at the far post but his effort on the stretch hit the angle of post and bar. Welwyn took the lead 3 minutes before the break when home centre back Guy Clark ducked under a harmless long ball but forward Elliot Bayley nipped in and lobbed the ball over a stranded keeper Paul Hathaway.
Coleshill pinned the visitors back in the second half. Joe Smith had a header saved, Jordan Nadat shot wide before Town equalised on 61 minutes. A great run into the box by George Washbourne, he fed Liam Molesworth whose first shot was blocked but the ball came straight back to him and his bending shot found the far corner of the net. It was 2-1 on 67 minutes when a Joe Smith corner was power headed into the net at the far post by captain Joe Halsall. Welwyn pushed hard in the closing stages but Coleshill defended resolutely and on the second half showing fully deserved the three points.
Full report to follow.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2018-2019”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest