Coleshill Town 0 v 2 Cambridge City

First Team Match Reports 2018-2019

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 0 v 2 Cambridge City

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:23 pm

Saturday 17th March 2018
Evo Stik Southern League Division One Central
Coleshill Town 0 v 2 Cambridge City
Scorers: Josh Oyinsan, Max Booth.
Attendance: 102.
Supporters Club Man of the Match, Sponsored by Greensleeves: Liam Molesworth.

Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Kane Baldwin (Amarvir Sandu), Josh Webb, Matt Jackson, Guy Clark, Joe Smith, Liam Molesworth, Joe Halsall, Jordan Nadat (Ashanti Pryce), Reece Leek, George Washbourne (Stuart Hendrie). Sub not used Danny Tymon.

Lilywhites: Jamie Head, Ross Paterson, Sebastian Simpson, Josh Simpson (Lee Watkins), Keano Robinson, Dave Theobals, Max Booth, Harvey Bullin, Michael Davis, Ryan Sharman (Issac Maynard), Josh Oyinsan (Oliver Shackleton). Subs not used Toby Adekunle, Joel Gyasi.


Coleshill were seeking revenge for a 2-0 defeat at Histon back in September. Coleshill were poor that day and Cambridge looked like a side capable of mounting a challenge for the title. Forward six months and the Colemen are just goal difference away from a play off spot and City are in 13th place, 12 points behind.

On a very windy day, the wind swirling rather than straight down the pitch, City belied their league table position and were much the better side in the first half. They took the lead on 12 minutes when a ball from full back Seb Simpson evaded a static defence and the unmarked Josh Oyinsan side footed into the net. Ryan Sharman headed into the side netting and Oyinsan, at a stretch, sent a lovely cross from Michael Davis wide of the post as the visitors dictated play. Reece Leek and George Washbourne both shot wide for Coleshill as they tried to get back into the game.

The game was more even in the second half but Coleshill just weren’t at the races. Substitute Amarvir Sandu ran into the box fed George Washbourne but his shot came back off the post and that was the nearest Coleshill got to scoring. City scored a second on 70 minutes when a back pass from Matt Jackson was intercepted by Max Booth who rounded keeper Paul Hathaway and rolled the ball into an empty net.
In all a bad day at the office for Coleshill but a well deserved win for Cambridge.

Full report to follow.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2018-2019”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest