First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill wait on weather as home clash is in doubt

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Coleshill wait on weather as home clash is in doubt
Writes the Coleshill Herald
COLESHILL Town face a battle to get their game against Dunkirk on this weekend.

With more wintry weather expected over the next few days, and with the pitch already frozen, Carl Adams' men could be forced out of action for the second weekend in a row.

Their trip to Westfields fell victim of the snow and freezing temperatures last Saturday as the Midland Alliance programme was wiped out.

Coleshill chairman Paul Billing said: "I was up at the ground yesterday (Wednesday) and the pitch looked like a lake that had frozen!

"If you were a gambling man you would not back the game going ahead but we'll see how conditions change in the next two days.

"We'll be working on it as best we can."

Saturday is due to be a rare home game for Coleshill, who have had six out of the last seven away from home.

Billing said: "The fixtures have not been kind to us this season and it's been hard lately.

"You need home games because that's where you generate your revenue and those matches have been sparse for us lately.

"We could do with Saturday's game being on but, as I say, we are dependent on the weather.

"All we can do is prepare as if the game will be on and see what happens."

Meanwhile, Billing admits he may have been a little naive in his expectations for the club this season.

The Coleshill chairman had hoped for a top six finish in the Alliance but the club are currently 14th.

Billing added: "We merged Coleshill and Dosthill in the summer and I think we have to accept that was always going to make life difficult.

"It takes time to adapt and we have one eye on next season now.

"But, to be fair, performances haven't been that bad from us this season and they haven't been reflected in the results.

"We have been the nearly men at times but I think there's a lot to look forward to at the club.

"We have a happy bunch here and there's a positive vibe around the place."

NB. Game was called off saturday morning.

Return to “First Team News”