First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Departing boss Adams tips Lanns to be a Coleshill hit

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon May 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Departing boss Adams tips Lanns to be a Coleshill hit
Writes the Coleshill Herald

DEPARTING Coleshill boss Carl Adams has backed his replacement Jason Lanns to be a managerial hit at the Midland Alliance club.

Adams quit to become joint manager of Stratford Town last week with his assistant Lanns taking up the reins at Packington Lane.

Adams said: "Lannsy is a good coach and I'm delighted Paul (Billing) has given him the job.

"When I was playing for the last 10 games of the campaign, Lannsy was managing from the touch-line anyway.

"He was doing the team-talks and so he's a ready made manager in my eyes.

"He has lots of enthusiasm and some good contacts in the game so I honestly believe he will do very well."

Adams, meanwhile, said he was excited by his switch to Stratford but, at the same time, 'devastated' to be leaving Coleshill.

"Coleshill is a club that will always remain in my heart," he said. "It has been my passion over the last few years.

"I have had some amazing times there, with a memorable FA Cup run and winning the Midland Combination.

"And Paul (Billing) coming into the club was fantastic.

"I love the guy to bits. He's been a terrific chairman to work with and he has been fantastic to me.

"There were some tough times, results wise, last season but he never criticised me.

"He was always positive and stayed very loyal to me. I can't thank him enough."

Adams, who revealed he had turned down the chance to manage Redditch, added: "Stratford was an opportunity I couldn't turn down.

" I will have a larger budget and that will give me the chance to win things, which is what I want to do.

"They are a big club where, even when things are going wrong, they tend to get 200 fans or more.

"There will be expectation there and more experienced managers have failed at that club. But, while I'm sad to leave Coleshill, I might regret it if I turned down the chance.

"Coleshill is in safe hands so hopefully, going our separate ways will work out well for all of us.

Return to “First Team News”