First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill boss Casey moves for Lambs academy stars

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Coleshill boss Casey moves for Lambs academy stars
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey has added two Tamworth FC youngsters to his squad ahead of this weekend's home clash with Studley.

Striker Scott James and winger Dean Withers have arrived at the Midland Alliance club until Christmas.

And Casey is relishing working with the duo, saying: "I am expecting big things of them both.

"We are really grateful to Dale Belford and Tamworth for letting us have the two lads.

"It's nice for us to be developing a relationship with the Lambs and hopefully it's a move which can suit both parties.

"It's a chance for the two of them to play at a good standard in the Midland Alliance and gain some valuable experience.

"It will be great for us to have players who have worked at Tamworth's academy and have energy and professional attitudes and I think that will help raise the standards of everyone at our club.

"We will see how things go then and review it again at Christmas and see how they are enjoying it and how beneficial being here has been."

While James and Withers arrive, Cameron Lee has left the club ahead of the clash with Studley, which is rated at 50/50 to go ahead due to the weather.

James Travis is suspended but Jon Powis and Greg Dickie are expected to be back from injury.

Jim Mutton, who has been on trial at League One side Colchester, is also set to return to the squad.

Meanwhile, Casey has admitted he is delighted at how the players have embraced him since taking over as manager three weeks ago.

He said: "The lads have been great since I took over.

"None of the lads who are still here have missed any training sessions.

"They want to be a part of things and they are making it difficult for me to pick a team week in, week out."

Lambs academy manager Dale Belford is expecting big things of Scott James and Dean Wityhers during their spell at Coleshill.

"I hope that the lads will excel in the Midland Alliance to be honest," Belford said.

"If they want to earn deals at Tamworth they can't just be mediocre at that level. They have to prove their ability."

Return to “First Team News”