First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill look to pull clear of trouble with a Hayes win

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:12 am

Coleshill look to pull clear of trouble with a Hayes win
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL face a six-pointer at the bottom of the table next week in a bid to put some distance between themselves and those teams below them.

Paul Casey's side, who are without a game this weekend, will entertain Heath Hayes on Tuesday night knowing a win will put some clear daylight between themselves and those struggling at the foot of the Midland Alliance table.

Despite the magnitude of the game, Casey insisted he was going into it unfazed.

He said: "I can honestly say I do not fear us playing any team at the moment, I really do fancy us against anyone.

"I have only been here a short while so far but what I have seen so far is that on our day we can handle anyone.

"We have got some good players at this football club and we are a match for any side.

"I must admit we are not playing exactly how I want us to of late, if I had my way we would be knocking it around on the deck a bit more, but despite that I am happy with the way the performances – if not some of the results have been going."

One such result Casey added he was not too pleased with was the 2-2 draw against Studley last weekend.

Coleshill dominated the first-half and took a 2-0 lead, but then let Studley back in to take a 2-2 draw.

Casey said: "We should have taken all three points from that game of that I am sure.

"What we ended up doing is hanging on for one. That is not good enough.

"We have done that before, we have played well against teams but not allowed ourselves to get the result we deserved.

"On Saturday there were circumstances we could not control and those that we could.

"We were missing players through injury, suspension and work, but we also had a man sent-off sillily.

"Dominic Reece was shown a second yellow for arguing with the referee and that cost us.

"It will cost us even more knowing he will face a four match ban over Christmas for it."

That ban has led Casey to search the market for new faces. It is a part of the job he admitted he loves.

He said: "All things being said I really do love the job at Coleshill.

"It keeps you busy, there is a lot to do, but I love it.

"I am enjoying it, everything is new and challenging so it is great.

"One of the things I am doing now, and enjoying, is looking to strengthen over the period during Christmas when we will be down on players.

"We will have three or four games over that time and we cannot afford to just let them go to waste.

"That is why hopefully come Tuesday we will have some new faces in to help us through that."

Coleshill are set to welcome Ryan Duxby back from injury ahead of the game versus Heath Hayes on Tuesday night and will also have James Travis available for selection again after suspension.

Return to “First Team News”