First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill set sights on double as Kirby visit town

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:21 pm

Coleshill Set Sights On Double As Kirby Visit Town
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey has the chance to secure the first double of his brief tenure as manager – if his side beat the weather this weekend.

Coleshill are due to host Kirby Muxloe in the Midland Alliance on Saturday (kick off 3pm).

Casey, who only took over the managerial reins in November, masterminded his side's 2-1 win over Kirby in November.

And he said: "Hopefully we can get the game on this weekend and if so it would be great to do the double over them.

"It won't be easy though because they are a very good side and, to be fair, we probably didn't deserve to win the first game between us.

"We have been the better side in other games, compared to that, and yet have lost or drawn.

"So we will have to be up for the game this weekend."

Casey admits he is chomping at the bit to get the game on after seeing Tuesday night's fixture at Boldmere called off.

He said: "We are just really frustrated at the moment because we are keen to build up some momentum.

"Since December 1 we have played just four games out of a possible 10.

"I have never known anything like that at first team level. It's just been a nightmare really."

However, Casey has taken the positives out of the situation.

He said: "I think the way we have had to look at it is that it is another pre-season for the lads.

"The players have had the chance to get to know each other a little more.

"I am really happy with the way things are going to be honest.

"Things are definitely heading in the right direction for us and standards have been raised. How we look, train and prepare has really improved and we have addressed any discipline issues.

"There is also plenty of banter. It's a good bunch of players that we have here."

Dominic Reece is suspended for Saturday's clash with Kirby but Casey should have an otherwise full strength squad to choose from.

Return to “First Team News”