Coleshill Town 2 v 0 Shepshed Dynamo

First Team Match Reports 2016-2017

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2341
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 2 v 0 Shepshed Dynamo

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Saturday 17th September 2016
Midland Football League Premier
Coleshill Town 2 v 0 Shepshed Dynamo
Scorers: Gavin Hurren, Dean Rathbone pen.
Attendance: 102.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Paul Hathaway (Coleshill) Karl Wymark (Shepshed)
Supporters Club Man Of The Match, Sponsored by Greensleeves: Paul Hathaway.

Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Andre Gonzales, Josh Quaynor, Gavin Hurren, Sam Brooks, Dean Rathbone, Reece Leek, Giovanni Dainty, Simeon Cobourne, Tom Weale, Aaron Garvey. Subs used Luke Barlone, Corey Currithers, Chris Sterling. Subs not used Danny Campbell, Sam Adkins.

Dynamo: Ben Gathercole, Tom Rigby, Mitch Williams, Joe Pheasant, Jake Betts, Liam Hirst, Karl Wymark, Shane Benjamin, Ben Haseley, Michael Reeve, Liam Read. Subs Matt Brown.

Coleshill Town beat Shepshed Dynamo 2-0, Gavin Hurren and Dean Rathbone with the goals.

With Shepshed in fourth place and a strike force of former Town players Shane Benjamin and Matt Brown, Coleshill were expecting a very tough match but a solid team display, particularly the impressive back four, meant the visitors chances were few and far between and when they did get sight of goal they found Man Of The Match goalkeeper Paul Hathaway in fine form.

As has happened on numerous occasions the visitors enjoyed the 3G surface and played some impressive keep ball in a very entertaining end to end game. A Benjamin flick on found Haseley and Gavin Hurren did well to block the effort. Shepshed keeper Gathercole kicked clear a long ball chased down by Simeon Cobourne but the ball fell to Tom Weale who set up Dean Rathbone and Gathercole had to punch his shot away from under the bar. Haseley found himself clear of the defence but Paul Hathaway was off his line quickly and saved the shot with his feet, then Aaron Garvey shot over from the edge of the box. Haseley shot over before Coleshill took the lead on 16 minutes when Reece Leek's cross was met perfectly by the head of Gavin Hurren to score his first goal for Coleshill. Rathbone sent Cobourne clear on goal but Gathercole saved with his feet. Shepshed played some neat football along Town's 18 yard box but when Wymark shot Sam Brooks was on hand to block. Josh Quaynor found Simeon Cobourne and he did well to beat two players in the box but let himself down with a shot over the bar. Dynamo so nearly scored when a cross from Wymark was headed on by Haseley but Hathaway flung himself full length to tip the ball around the post. Hathaway then saved a header from Benjamin and at the other end a fine run and cross by Leek was heading for Cobourne but Gathercole just got there first.

A Josh Quaynor free kick on the corner of the box evaded everyone and scrapped the far post. Gavin Hurren almost repeated his earlier goal but this time his header hit the bar from a Tom Weale corner. At the other end Hurren and Haseley tussled for the ball and Shepshed shouted for a penalty for hand ball but it would have been really harsh. Haseley and Reeve combined well on the edge of the box but the Coleshill defence was standing firm and there was no way through for the visitors. Tom Weale fed Simeon Cobourne in the box and he appeared to have his shirt tugged but the striker kept going and saw his shot well saved. A fine run and cross by Andre Gonzales was flicked on by Luke Barlone and when Simeon Cobourne's effort was blocked the ball spun up and over the keeper but came off the bar. Read made his way into the box but Hathaway was again too good as he saved with his feet. Coleshill got the second goal they so desperately needed on 77 minutes but it was a bit fortunate. Dean Rathbone made a run into the box but was sheparded to the bye line and as Betts went to ground the ball caught his trailing arm, penalty. Rathbone made no mistake for his second penalty in a week and Town had breathing space. Shepshed started to run out of ideas as the result now looked in the bag and Coleshill saw out the time for a fine win and only their second clean sheet of the league season.

A match report taken from Shepshed web site

Despite numerous chances Shepshed Dynamo failed to convert efforts into goals hence slipping to seventh defeat in the Midland Football League, after their two - nil away defeat at the hands of Coleshill Town.

After a valiant performance Tuesday evening playing a majority of the game with captain Jake Betts going in goal after keeper Ben Gathercole was sent off. They were forced to make changes from this two - one victory at Tividale. In came two new signings midfielder Mitchell Williams and returning for his second spell at Dynamo striker Shane Benjamin making his debut against the club we had signed him from.

The game from the start was an even affair Liam Hursts cross being cleared in the first minute by Coleshill. Then on four minutes from long range Dean Rathbones effort was pushed onto the crossbar by Gathercole. Shepshed went straight down the other end but Ben Haseleys shot was saved by Paul Hathaway.

Aaron Garvey then fired wide for the hosts on six minutes and two minutes later Michael Reeves shot was deflected wide.

Dynamo were getting used to the 3G surface on nine minutes new signing Benjamin trying to score against his old team mates fired wide and on eleven minutes Benjamin supplied Hurst but his shot went over Hathaways crossbar.

Coleshill gained a corner on sixteen minutes and Gavin Hurrens header went passed a crowd of players beating Gathercole into the right hand corner of the net to give Town the lead.

Hurst put Reeve through on eighteen minutes but Hathaway was quick off his line to clear any danger.

The game continued to swing in either sides advantage Gathercole saving from Simeon Cobourne on twenty two minutes and again Shepshed raced straight down the other end with Hathaway denying Haseley again.

Garvey was again wide for Coleshill on twenty four minutes and likewise two minutes later Reeve for Dynamo.

Karl Whymarks effort was blocked on twenty eight minutes and Hurst rebound was deflected away from Hathaways goal.

Simeon Cobourne was Coleshills main outlet ball down the left hand side and he broke free on thirty three minutes but his effort went over.

Dynamo ended the half strongly with Hathaway saving efforts from Reeve, Haseley and Benjamin in the final five minutes.

Dynamo continued this positive attitude to get back into the game at the start of the second half. Coleshills defence again denying Hurst in the first minute of the half and four minutes later Hursts cross was dropped by Hathaway but was able to smother Haseleys shot.

Coleshill then came close on fifty one minutes Joshua Quanyors free kick was saved by Gathercole. Immediately after Hurrens shot hit the post

With Shepshed pressing forward it was leaving them open to Coleshill on the break. Gathercole saving from Cobourne on fifty six minutes and from their next attack Gathercole coming out to Cobourne.

Cobourne was becoming the major threat Gathercole again saving from him on sixty seven minutes and three minutes later Colbournes effort went over.

Liam Read and Ben Haseley then combined well but Reads effort was saved by Hathaway.

Shepshed were fortunate just afterwards Tom Rigby looked to pull back Cobourne but there was no reaction from the officials.

If Coleshill felt aggrieved by this decision then on seventy seven minutes Shepshed were left astounded by the officials decision. A short interchange by Town just inside the box and as Joe Pheasant went to intercept his challenge missed and the ball caught his trailing arm which he could not avoid the ball hitting him rather than handball.

The Assistant referee instantly raised his flag and the referee to the astonishment of the travelling Shepshed supporters and players gave a penalty. Despite protests the referee upheld his decision and Rathbone gave the hosts a two goal cushion.

Shepshed tried to get back into the game Reeves shot saved by Hathaway on seventy eight minutes two minutes Matthew Browns shot was saved by Hathaway and with time runnig out Williams header was straight at Hathaway on eighty eight minutes.

Despite the chances Shepshed had, unfortunatley the failure to get on the scoresheet cost Shepshed dearly. Although they were undone by a debatable penalty. Dynamo should have come away from Coleshill with at least a point the proof showing after the game with Coleshill goalkeeper Paul Hathaway winning the man of the match award.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2016-2017”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests