First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill aim for dual success after FA Vase win

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:31 am

Coleshill aim for dual success after FA Vase win
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey has plenty of incentive to see his side secure points from their next two Midland Alliance clashes.

Swifts play host to Rocester on Saturday (kick off 3pm) with Casey set to come up against his former assistant Mark Kavanagh.

Then, on Tuesday, Coleshill are in action at home against bogey side Stourport Swifts (7.45pm kick off).

Manager Casey said: "They are two interesting games from my point of view. Rocester boss Mark Kavanagh was my assistant for a time last year.

"He's a good lad, someone I speak to regularly so it will be nice to take on his side this weekend.

"Stourport are a side who we have faced three times since I took over. We have conceded 13 times and John Griffin, their striker, has scored nine of them!

"He scored another six at the weekend so, for me, it is a test. It's time for us to try and get that win. I really want us to beat them and end that hoodoo they have over us."

Coleshill go into the weekend in good heart after a resounding 6-2 win over Nuneaton Griff in the FA Vase last weekend.

"It's something we have been threatening to do for some time," Casey said.

"Even in games we have lost such as against Boldmere and Alvechurch, we have looked a good side.

"We have created chances in those matches and, had we taken them, the results would have been very different.

"But against Nuneaton, we got at them very quickly and never let them settle.

"We were three up in no time and showed a ruthless streak. The good thing was that the goals came from all areas as well."

The victory over Nuneaton Griff has set up an FA Vase first round clash at home to Racing Club Warwick on October 19.

"It's nice to have a home draw," he said. "It won't be an easy tie but it's a game we can look forward to.

"For me, things are positive here at the moment. We are in the top ten and doing well.

"I haven't been in charge for a year yet but I am seeing progression.

"We just need to keep showing plenty of energy, keep improving but I am delighted with how things are going."

Return to “First Team News”