First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Emotional Casey is thrilled with Coleshill's cup heroics

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:33 pm

Emotional Casey is thrilled with Coleshill's cup heroics
Writes the Coleshill Herald

PAUL Casey says he 'felt like crying' after his Coleshill Town side made club history with an incredible FA Vase win at Holwell on Saturday.

Coleshill came from 1-0 down to secure a 3-1 victory over their Leicestershire opponents, setting up a fourth round tie away at 2011-12 FA Vase winners Dunston UTS.

Victory over Holwell means Coleshill have gone further than ever before and the achievement left Casey full of emotion.

"It was an amazing achievement to beat Holwell – I felt like crying afterwards," Casey said.

"It was super emotional on the day and I had to go through a real roller-coaster of emotions watching that.

"When we got our second goal, to take the lead for the first time, it felt like we had won the World Cup! That's how fantastic it was.

"To come through the game and make it into the fourth round is absolutely incredible, it really is.

"The messages of good will that the club and I have received since Saturday just shows what the lads have achieved – the reaction was greater than I could ever imagine.

"And the draw on Monday morning really brought things home to me.

"We are there, with just 32 teams left, out of a couple of 1000 who originally entered – it's ridiculous really.

"We have made history and it's something that the lads should all be proud of."

Now Casey must prepare his players for their clash with Dunston, from Gateshead, in the fourth round next month.

And he said: "It will be a great day for us. They are former winners of the competition and among the favourites this year.

"It will be the challenges of challenges but we will go out and give it our all and, on our day, we can give any side at our level a game.

"We will be the underdogs but that's fine by me."

Before the FA Vase clash, Coleshill face a testing few weeks in the Midland Alliance.

Coleshill are currently sixth but with games in hand on some of the sides above them.

"We are a top six team in my opinion but we have to refocus on the league now and get some points on the board," Casey said. "I don't think the FA Vase run will distract the players.

"If anything it's an incentive now. The lads will want to be in the team and playing well to make sure they are selected for our trip to Gateshead.

"Everyone will want to be in the team for the FA Vase clash."

Return to “First Team News”