Leaders Quorn stunned as Coleshill crank things up!

First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Leaders Quorn stunned as Coleshill crank things up!

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:16 pm

Leaders Quorn stunned as Coleshill crank things up, then Rocester are too!
Writes the Coleshill Herald

Casey Challenges In Form Squad to take on All-Comers
COLESHILL sit comfortably in sixth in the Midland Alliance and boss Paul Casey is now challenging his players to 'beat anyone and everyone' during the last leg of their impressive season, writes Michael Townsend.

Casey's men are the in-form team of the division, with Tuesday night's win coming on the back of an impressive 3-0 demolition of league leaders Quorn last Saturday.

Manager Casey said: "We are delighted with the recent run of results. Considering we hadn't played after a five-week lay-off, the last two have been more than impressive.

"We have played three games in ten days so the reaction and commitment my players have showed has been phenomenal.

"Last weekend shows how far we have come. It makes me smile to think that back in August people were raving about our impressive start, things have gone quiet now which speaks volumes!

"I consider us an established side now. We have built a team that can compete and beating Quorn convincingly 3-0 shows on our day we are a match for anyone.

"I have thrown the gauntlet down to the lads now to beat anyone and everyone, especially sides that have one over on us."

Tuesday's win over Rocester, with goals from Ryan Nash and subs Chris Lloyd and Conner Leek (2) left Casey delighted.

"We travelled along way to Rocester and on a difficult sticky pitch we made a good start," he said.

"Ryan Nash opened the scoring on 20 minutes and, in all honesty, we should have been four up after half an hour.

"They scored an excellent equaliser to make it one a piece and they started to make a fight of it.

"We played our hand in the second half and, after grinding Rocester down, we stuck our runners on to get at them.

"With all due respect to Rocester, who are better team than their position reflects, on that heavy surface our lads over ran them."

Return to “First Team News”