Coleshill Town 0 v 2 Lye Town

First Team Match Reports 2014-2015

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2169
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 0 v 2 Lye Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:59 am

Saturday 23rd August 2014
Midland Football League Premier
Coleshill Town 0 v 2 Lye Town
Scorers: George Rogers, Nicky Pugh.
Attendance: 65.

Town: Chris Jay, Barry Fitzharris, Dean Crowley, Jack Hulin, Danny Douglas, Danny Tymon, Ryan Nash (Chris Lloyd), Jonathan Jones (Dean Withers), Tom Weale, Matt Gasper (Simeon Coburn), Dean Rathbone. Subs not used Luke Edwards, Oliver Casey.

Lye: Damien Stevens, Max Bissell, Matt Johnson, Darion Whitcombe, Robin Wilkins, Scott Grennard, Chris Russell, Ricky Anslow, Nicky Pugh, Dan Jones, George Rogers. Subs Tom Overfield, Oliver Oatley, Simon Williams.

Opposition Player Of The Match: Jack Hulin (Coleshill) Damien Stevens (Lye).

Match Report

Lye Town will not forget their first ever visit to Pack Meadow as they stifled an in-form Coleshill, then hit them with two second half goals to take the points.

Coleshill had made a fantastic start to the season and just last week gave a master class in the art of finishing as they rocked Nuneaton Griff with ten goals! But a very well organised and determined Lye town stopped Town playing their natural game and in the end ran out deserved winners!

It could have been so different as Coleshill could have so easily been out of sight by half time. Play and possession was even but Town were way ahead on the chances count! Matt Gasper, on another day, could have had at least a hat-trick! Jon Jones, Ryan Nash, Danny Tymon all saw efforts denied by an inspired performance by the visiting goal keeper Damien Stevens. Tymon even had the ball in the net but the effort was disallowed for a push! In reply Lye had a free kick from 22yds from Darian Whitcombe that evaded the wall but Chris Jay grabbed the ball on the line!

Play continued in the same fashion in the second half and Coleshill had the ball in the net again as Matt Gasper forced the ball over the line but the assistant referee flagged for a hand ball! Town's chances then became limited and it was the visitors who broke the deadlock on the hour mark. Another distance free kick from Whitcombe was partially cleared but the ball fell invitingly to George Rogers who hit a sweet shot that may well have been heading goalward but a wicked deflection wrong footed Jay and the ball hit the back of the net. If Lye had been difficult to brake down up to now, it became more difficult as the Black Country side now had something to hang on to. Manager Paul Casey shuffled the pack in an effort to get back into the game, all three substitutions were attack minded, but nothing seemed to work and Lye held firm. On 70 minutes the visitors increased their lead with a goal that looked suspiciously off side but once Nicky Pugh got clear of the home defence he took his chance well, rounded Jay and rolled into an empty net. Dean Rathbone hit a rasping shot just over the bar, Stevens saved from Dean Withers with his feet, Tom Weale and Danny Tymon tried shots from distance but this was a day when Stevens and the whole Lye team were not to be beaten!

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2014-2015”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests