Coleshill Town 1 v 4 Heanor Town

First Team Match Reports 2015-2016

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2189
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 1 v 4 Heanor Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:28 pm

Saturday 22nd August 2015
Midland Football League Premier
Played at The Lamb, Tamworth Football Club
Coleshill Town 1 v 4 Heanor Town
Town: Chris Hughes.
Heanor: Nathan Bengar, Jay Cooper, Cory Bowler, Chris Gilson.
Attendance: 145.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Luke Barlone (Coleshill) Kieran Debrouwer (Heanor)


Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Leon Weller, Will Worthington, Alex Baird, Luke Edwards, Dean Rathbone (Brendan Murphy), Tom Weale, Chris Hughes, Luke Barlone, Ricky Cutting (Danico Johnson), Demetrius Smikle (Chris Cowley). Subs not used Dominic Cutter, Rob Evans.

Heanor: Jamie Hannis, Greg Marriott, Chris Shaw, Chris Bettney, Nick Hall, Reagon Edridge, Andre Johnson, Joe Naylor, Nathan Benger, Kieran Debrouwer, Jay Cooper. Subs Jason Foster, Mark Frost, Chris Gilson, Jason Gregory, Cory Bowler.

Heanor were convincing 4-1 winners at Coleshill Town who had taken an early lead through Chris Hughes.

Coleshill still haven't settled into the form they produced last season and are missing some very important players in Danny Tymon, Danny Douglas and Rob Evans. A 4-1 defeat to a very strong Heanor side, who will be in the shake-up at the end of the season, sounds like a hammering but early in the second half Town were on top and should have levelled the scores but for a horrendous miss in front of goal. The visitors increased the lead shortly afterwards and heads went down and confidence drained away.

Coleshill started the better of the two sides and but for an inspired performance by Heanor goalkeeper Jamie Hannis, Town could have been well ahead. Heanor's Kieran Debrouwer and partner Nathan Benger were a real handful with the former getting in a couple of early shots. Hannis comfortably saved from Demetrius Smikle but was at full stretch to save a Luke Barlone header from a Tom Weale long throw. Hannis then punched clear a corner then saved a half volley from Smikle, and then a Weale effort as he was much the busier of the two keepers. For all that good work Hannis then fumbled a Smikle shot on 17 minutes and captain for the day Chris Hughes was on hand to force the ball home. From a position of superiority Coleshill let the opposition back into the game as they have done on several occasions already this season and Heanor were good enough to take advantage of the invitation. Debrouwer sent Benger clear and the No9 finished with aplomb for the equaliser on 26 minutes. The visitors now had their best period of the half. Home keeper Paul Hathaway tipped a Debrouwer effort round the post, Alex Baird cleared as the same player prepared to shoot, Benger shot wide then Benger sent Jay Cooper free and again the striker finished with confidence and ease for the lead on 35 minutes. Leon Weller made great strides down the right and his cross was met by Luke Edwards at the far post but he couldn't keep the effort down as the half came to a close.

Debrouwer had a great chance in the early minutes of the second half to increase the visitors lead but he headed over the bar but Coleshill started to regain some control on the game. A long Hathaway ball was flicked on by Barlone and with Ricky Cutting waiting to pounce Nick Hall made a great clearance. Barlone sent Cutting clear down the left and his cross was parried by Harris but there was no-one on hand to finish the move. Then Cutting pinched the ball on the edge of the visitors box and crossed to where both Barlone and Smikle were lurking unmarked. Barlone hesitated, left it to Smikle who lifted the ball over the bar from a great, great position. A goal at this point and the result may well have been very different! Coleshill still had the upper hand but were constantly frustrated by an excellent Heanor back line. Cutting shot over, Edwards saw a header cleared off the line and Hughes shot straight at the keeper but all Town's efforts came to nought as Heanor increased the lead on 80 minutes with a killer third goal. Debrouwer headed on a long free kick and substitute Jason Gregory volleyed the ball into the net with his first touch, Hathaway routed to the spot. It looked a cracking goal for the spectators but the ball could have gone anywhere and Gregory will never do that again in his lifetime! Coleshill were dejected! Town huffed and puffed but never looked like getting back into the game and when another substitute Chris Gilson ran free in the last minute, looking well off side, he easily beat the advancing Hathaway to make it a flattering 4-1 to the visitors!

The long trip to Hereford follows on Tuesday night before the Colemen are back in FA Cup action next Saturday at home to Stafford Rangers although the game will be played at Stafford.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2015-2016”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests