Coleshill Town 1 v 1 Moor Green

First Team Match Reports 1981-1982

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 1 v 1 Moor Green

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:05 pm

Thursday 6th May 1982
Midland Combination Division 1
Coleshill Town 1 v 1 Moor Green
Town: Own goal.
Green: Ferguson.

Coleshill: Collins GK, Phil Hemmings, Dave Moore, Keith Shrimpton, John Gardiner, Bob Dyer, Ruisha Ford, Steve Pollack, Kevin Tipton, Tony Hanson, Mick Calvert. Sub Bobby Jenkins.

Green: Wootton, Sergant, McDermott, Niblett, Batchelor, Bell, Guinivan, Ferguson, Cotton, Howell, Mitchell. Sub Pinner.


Moors Earn Point In Tense Affair

The points were shared in a lively encounter that entertained the spectators despite the dismal weather on Thursday night. Moors' early raids were caught in Coleshill's off-site trap and when the home side surged forward Moors were forced to concede two corners in quick succession, from the second of which Ford slammed a shot against the bar with Colin Wootton well beaten. Moors soaked up heavy pressure for twenty minutes until Steve Ferguson's low cross caused some panic at the other end and led to three corners for Moor Green. A period of lackluster midfield play ended with Steve Ferguson slamming Moors into the lead in the 35th minute. There appeared to be no danger when the strong midfield man received the ball 20 out but he calmly moved himself into position before hitting an unstoppable left foot shot. A torrential downpour just before half time left the pitch covered in pools of water and changed the character of the game. With the ball skidding erratically on the sodden surface, Moors looked for a second goal Mitchell, Ferguson and McDermott all created openings from which Bell, Cotton and Howell had near misses. Coleshill brought on substitute Jenkins who immediately caused problems for Moors' rear-guard. In the 67th minute Jenkins won a corner from which Ray Howell, back helping his defence, turned the ball into his own net for the equaliser. Both teams had near misses late in the game. Coleshill Hit an upright and Howell hit Cotton's far post cross inches wide but the result was a fair reflection of the game.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 1981-1982”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest