Dunstable Town 3 v 3 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2018-2019

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Dunstable Town 3 v 3 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:47 am

Saturday 1st September 2018
Evo-Stik Southern League Division One Central
Dunstable Town 3 v 3 Coleshill Town
Town: Saul Williams, Charlie Black, Arel Amu pen.
Colemen: Joe Halsall, Reece Leek pen, George Washbourne.
Attendance: 92.

Dunstable: Nathan Harness, Marius Patru (Erin Amu), Gedeon Okito, George Naismith, Joe Mead, Kieran Ogden, Ben Collins, James Lauder, Arel Amu, Saul Williams, Charlie Black (Daniel Trif). Subs not used Jonny Barnett, Conor Perl.

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, Liam Molesworth (Nathan Waite), Matt Jackson, Rob Evans, Joe Cole, Danny Tymon, Ryan Edmunds, Joe Halsall, George Washbourne (Jorna Moulton), Reece Leek, Gio Dainty. Subs not used Chris Gibson GK, Josh Webb, Connor Doyle.

Coleshill came away from their trip to Dunstable with a point but for the second game running they didn’t finish the game with 11 men.
Coleshill started sloppy and conceded within 3 minutes. Captain Joe Halsall brought his side back into the contest on 9 minutes but on 11 minutes the home side were in front again. A hectic start!
The Colemen came out of the blocks in the second half, Gio Dainty was fouled in the box and Reece Leek converted the penalty. Two minutes later they were in front as George Washbourne finished off a fine Ryan Edmunds run and cross. It could have been more, Coleshill were so much in control but just after the hour mark Matt Jackson tangled with a forward in the box and the referee awarded a penalty and flashed a RED card at Jackson.
Both sides had chances to take the honours but in all, a draw was a fair result.

Coleshill could feel satisfied with a point after a roller-coaster contest at Creasey Park. Dunstable led after three minutes through Saul Williams before Joe Halsall equalised on six minutes. Four minutes later Dunstable had the lead again, this time through Charlie Black. After Gio Dainty was fouled, Reece Leek fired home the penalty for 2-2 on 47 minutes and three minutes later Coleshill led. Halsall headed clear a Dunstable free-kick and Liam Molesworth evaded his marker and raced 50 metres and then set up George Washbourne to score. But Coleshill defender Matt Jackson was sent off on 66 minutes after he fouled Dunstable skipper Arel Amu and Amu slotted home the resulting spot-kick past Paul Hathaway.

Arel Amu's penalty helped rescue a point for Dunstable Town as they played out a thrilling 3-3 draw at home to Coleshill Town. Saul Williams opened the scoring for the hosts after three minutes before Joe Halsall levelled proceedings on just six minutes. The contest had it's third goal within the first 10 minutes when Dunstable retook the lead through Charlie Black. Coleshill then turned things around with two goals in two second half minutes thanks to a penalty from Reece Leek and a composed effort from George Washbourne. But on 66 minutes Amu stepped up to the plate to level the scores, sending Paul Hathaway the wrong way to pickup their fourth point of the season.

Coleshill made the first of many Saturday Away trips as the visited Dunstable Town. It won't be long until they make the same trip as AFC Dunstable play at the same ground. And a very nice ground it is, council owned, but a crowd of 92 was really disappointing.

Coleshill were missing Joe Smith, Guy Clarke, Matt Gardner, Drew Ricketts and James Hicks but still have enough in the squad to put out a strong team. Keeper Paul Hathaway was playing his last game before a three match ban following his sending off against Corby.

Town haven't started well so far this season and the format continued with three goals in a hectic first 11 minutes. With just 3 minutes on the clock a free kick for the home side was half cleared only as far as Saul Williams who had time and space to hit his shot into the left hand corner of the net. The Colemen's response was a Joe Halsall header over the bar from a George Washbourne cross and a Reece Leek shot straight at the keeper but they were level on 9 minutes through Captain Marvelous. A Ryan Edmunds free kick went through a packed box but found Joe Halsall at the far post to volley home. Now settle down Coleshill and play some football. On 11 minutes a swift move down the right saw Amu slide a ball into the box that cut open the Town defence and Black took advantage and shot across keeper Hathaway into the far corner of the net. A long ball from Hathaway was headed on by Leek to Liam Molesworth in the box but he was barged off the ball. A penalty shout but it would have been harsh! Coleshill were competing well now especially down the left flank. Ryan Edmunds so nearly levelled the scores but he saw home keeper Harness save the shot with his feet. During a period of sustained pressure Reece Leek headed wide a cross from Rob Evans but the hosts still looked dangerous on the break. Black did really well to get to the bye line but his shot hit the side netting when a pull back would have been the better option.

Half Time Dunstable 2 v 1 Coleshill

Coleshill stormed out for the second half and were a yard quicker that the opposition. Reece Leek shot wide before Gio Dainty went down in the box on 47 minutes. Reece Leek slotted the penalty home. Two minutes later Coleshill were defending a free kick. Joe Halsall headed clear from the edge of his own box. Liam Molesworth picked up the ball wide right, skipped past his marker and ran 50 yards deep in to the home box. His cut back found George Washbourne just inside the 18 yard line and he stroked the ball into the net. With the Colemen on top Ryan Edmunds hit a rocket shot that nearly knocked out the defender, then Ryan Edmunds got to the bye line crossed into the box and the onrushing Joe Halsall pulled his shot wide of the post, a great chance. George Washbourne shot over the bar before Dunstable replied through Amu who shot inches wide from 22 yards out. Substitute Erim Amu sent a ball into the box for the home sides best player Williams. He and Matt Jackson collided in a clumsy challenge. Down went Williams and off went Jackson as the referee pointed to the spot and showed a Red card. Again harsh! Captain Amu scored from the spot. 3-3. Danny Tymon volleyed wide and both Rob Evans and Jorna Moulton got their bodies in the way of Dunstable shots but the best chance fell to Amu who was clear on goal but his bending shot went wide of the post.

Looking at the whole game a draw was a fair result but early in the second half Coleshill were so much the better side that another goal at that point would have killed the game.

Coleshill Manager Cameron Stuart said: "We have started poorly a few times this season and must improve on that. We have also been in front a couple of times and not been able to close the game out. We are work in progress and will improve as the season goes on but we have a strong squad and I'm happy with the effort the lads are giving me."

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2018-2019”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest