Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town are off to a positive start

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Coleshill Town are off to a positive start

Writes the Coleshill Herald
Coleshill Town 1 v 1 Long Eaton United

COLESHILL Town manager Paul Casey has backed Long Eaton to battle their way into a top-six position in their debut Midland League Premier campaign.

The visitors to Packington Lane produced a physical display on Tuesday night to claim a battling draw – and the admiration of Casey.

He said: "They really impressed me (Long Eaton).

"There isn't going to be many teams that will out battle them physically that's for sure, they've got some big strong lads.

"I think they will finish in the top six and cause a few surprises this season."

Coleshill started the brighter in front of their home support and took the lead on 20 minutes courtesy of an unfortunate headed own goal from a Long Eaton defender.

After the interval, Long Eaton applied pressure to Coleshill's defence and eventually worked an equaliser on 70 minutes.

Although disappointed not to pick up the win, Casey was objective about his team's achievements.

He said: "I think it ended up being a really good point for us to be honest as they could have nicked the win.

"But then again we had chances to win it as well so I think a draw was a fair result. "We've made a mistake for the goal and the players involved with that will have to live with that, as we should probably be sitting here with six points rather than four points.

"But we will move on from that and we will look to iron out those errors for future games."

COLESHILL TOWN 2 CONTINENTAL STAR 1

AN EARLY penalty gave Coleshill the perfect start to their Premier league season at Packington Lane.

Shane Benjamin stepped up to convert the opportunity and put Paul Casey's side ahead.

After the interval, Coleshill doubled their advantage via Jonathan Jones before Star pulled one back through a Danny Douglas own goal.

Return to “First Team News”