First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Billing is hoping that luck starts to shine on Coleshill

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Billing is hoping that luck starts to shine on Coleshill Town
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town chairman Paul Billing says his side need a little bit of lady luck as they look to replicate last season's success.

The Colemen finished an impressive fourth in the Midland Alliance last season.

This year, in the newly-formed Midland Football League Premier Division, the club lie ninth, five points off fourth place.

That fourth spot is currently occupied by Quorn, who Coleshill travel to this Saturday. And, despite their current position in the table, Billing insists his club are making big progress.

"It's been a funny season so far," said Billing. "We are a better side than last season. I would go as far as to say we are better in every department.

"But we just haven't had the rub of the green so far and that's frustrating.

"It's just been little things in games, that little bit of luck that has gone against us at times.

"With games being called off of late as well, we have been left chasing a bit.

"So I think that the aim, at this moment in time, has to be to just try and get back in touch.

"If we can do that, we can then start to look at where we go from there.

"We are approaching a tough period. With games having been called off, you have to start playing twice a week.

"The pitches are heavy too and that will take its toll in the coming weeks. That's when the teams with the best squads will pick up the results."

Billing, though, says the club is well set to kick on this season – and further ahead.

"Paul Casey has done a great job as manager," said Billing. "And I think, as a club, we are moving forward. We are stronger as a unit and as a club.

"As well as the first team, the reserves and youth sides are all doing well."

Return to “First Team News”