Coleshill Town 3 v 1 AFC Wulfrunians

First Team Match Reports 2014-2015

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2553
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 3 v 1 AFC Wulfrunians

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:22 pm

Saturday 14th March 2005
Midland Football League Premier
Coleshill Town 3 v 1 AFC Wulfrunians
Town: Simeon Cobourne, Jacob Wright, Leon Weller.
Wulfs: Demitri Brown.
Attendance: 75.

Opposition Player Of The Match: Leon Weller (Coleshill) Nathan Rose-Laing (Wulfs).

Town: Chris Jay, Leon Weller, Will Worthington, Danny Douglas, Luke Edwards, Danny Tymon, Mykel Beckley, Tom Weale, Shane Benjamin (Ryan Nash), Simeon Cobourne (Ricky Cutting), Jacob Wright (Craig Milligan). Subs not used Dean Rathbone, Oliver Casey.

Wulfs: Daniel Tipton, Jordan Perks, Joshua Jones, Jake Sedgemore, John Hill, David Asbury, Nathan Rose-Laing, Richard Palmer, Liam Burd, Demitri Brown, Mitchell McDonald. Subs Andrew Thompson, Jonathan Brown, Ryan Talbot, David Howells, Kyle Brady.

Town Keep The Heat On Leaders Basford

Coleshill Town continued their title push with an excellent 3-1 victory over visitors AFC Wulfrunians. And they were handed the perfect start when Simeon Cobourne opened the scoring after just three minutes, picking the ball up 30 yards out before firing home. The visitors came more into the game as the half wore on and when Jacob Wright doubled Coleshill's lead six minutes before the break it was against the run of play. Wulfs reduced the arrears ten minutes into the second half through an excellent Demitri Brown effort but the home side quickly hit back when Leon Weller pounced on a poor defensive clearance.

Undefeated since 6th December, (penalty shoot outs don't count) 17 games, six straight league wins, 35 points from the last 39, what a fabulous run putting constant pressure on league leaders Baseford, one slip up and Coleshill will take advantage!

This match followed a similar pattern as most games this season. The visitors played the better football, had more possession, and controlled midfield but Town's back four (five with the keeper) were solid and determined and the forwards made the most of the few chances that came their way. Simeon Cobourne, in a rare start, found the net with less than 4 minutes on the clock. A lofted ball from Tom Weale eluded the visitors centre back and Cobourne chested the ball into his path and shot under the advancing keeper. Demitri Brown caused problems with his pace all afternoon and Will Worthington had his hands full. Demitri got to the bye line and put in a dangerous cross but Danny Tymon got back to head out for a corner. Luke Edwards had a header from a Worthington corner cleared off the line and could well have been hand ball. Danny Douglas headed over his own bar a Sedgemore free kick. Another Demitri cross was headed over at the far post by McDonald. Perks went down in the box and there was a big shout for a penalty. Then on 40 minutes, against the run of play, Jacob Wright hit a sweet volley from the edge of the box that sailed over the keeper and into the net, 2-0. Wulfs keeper Tipton was off his line smart to get to a through ball just before Shane Benjamin and Demitri turned and shot straight at Chris Jay.

The format continued in the second half with the visitors on top and they got their reward on 54 minutes when Demitri scrambled the ball home from a Sedgemore free kick. Manager Paul Casey decided to shake things up with a double substitution and Craig Milligan and Ricky Cutting both livened the hosts up, finally starting to look like a side on a seventeen game unbeaten run! Tom Weale sent the overlapping Leon Weller down the right and although his cross was half cleared, the full back was still in the box when Milligan's pass was flicked on by Cutting into Weller's pass and he shot under the keeper to extend Town's lead to 3-1 on 61 minutes. Another Sedgmere free kick was cleared by Edward's head, McDonald almost nipped in between Worthington and Jay as the Wulfs continued to push Town hard. Milligan tried his luck from distance and wasn't too far away, Cutting got clear of the defence from a Milligan through ball but his attempted lob went straight into the keepers arms, then Cutting went down in the box under a challenge by Sedgmere, penalty! Mykel Beckley took the spot kick but his effort was saved at the foot of the post by Tipton.

Next up for Coleshill is another home game on Tuesday when Tipton Town visit Pack Meadow.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2014-2015”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests