West Midlands Police 2 v 4 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2002-2003

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2246
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

West Midlands Police 2 v 4 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:05 am


Scorers: Carl Smith, Carl Meah, Christian Crisp 2.

Coleshill finally recorded a win, the first since 21st December, a dozen games ago against Nuneaton Griff. In that spell Town have played much better than this without getting their just reward. The Police are having a difficult season themselves and it showed as both sides lacked the confidence to take a grip of the game, with the result in the balance until virtually the last kick of the match. Coleshill welcomed back Carl Smith and Lee McCarthy to the side defeated by Leamington but Alan Thomas was missing due to the injury he received in that game.

Coleshill got off to the worst possible start when the police took the lead in the second minute. The home team had won a corner but the initial threat was cleared. When the ball was returned Nicky Hart had lost his marker and scored with a neat header. Both sides had chances to increase the scoring with young Danny Moseley in the Coleshill goal making some fine saves. Mitchell Thompson had two one on one chances which the keeper saved both times but from the latter effort the rebound landed at the feet of Carl Smith who equalised with his first goal for Coleshill.

There was another goal in the very early minutes of the second half but this time it went to Town. Carl Meah chased a Smith through ball with a defender and between them they managed to loop the ball over the advancing keeper. Coleshill further increased their lead thanks to the alertness of the Ass Referee. A Stuart Howard corner was met by the head of Christian Crisp and cleared close to the goal line by the Police defence, but the official flagged to say the ball had crossed the line. From a point of superiority Coleshill should have made the game safe but they are not used to winning of late and when the home team pushed more men in attack, Town’s defence started to creak. Mitchell Thompson had a chance to make it 4-1 but Police broke away and would have scored but for another Moseley save. The home team were not to be denied as they upped the pace and substitute Dale Speed netted with 15 to go. Both teams had further chances as the game could easily have ended 5-5 but Coleshill finally secured the points when Christian Crisp finished off a move involving O’Brien, Meah and Thompson in the dying seconds.

Team;- Danny Moseley, Frank Woodburn, Lee O’Brien, Simon Bradbury, Stuart Howard(Lee Davis, Tony Gormley), Lee McCarthy(Dale Cately), Carl Smith, Matty Devine, Christian Crisp, Carl Meah, Mitchel Thompson.


Return to “First Team Match Reports 2002-2003”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests