Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Heath Hayes

First Team Match Reports 2013-2014

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Heath Hayes

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Saturday 10th August 2013
Midland Alliance
Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Heath Hayes
Colemen: Barry Fitzharris, Chris Gumery.
Hayes: David Waple.
Attendance: 70.
Team: Paul Hathaway, Leon Weller, Dan Dineen, Danny Douglas, Luke Edwards, Nick Ellis, Barry Fitzharris, Chris Lloyd, Chris Gumery (Jordan Archer), Jon Powis (Scott James), Connor Leek (Neil Kitching). Subs not used Danny Charlton, Jack Hullis.

Coleshill Town came from behind to see off Heath Hayes 2-1. Barry Fitzharris and Chris Gumery among the goals with David Waple scoring a consolation.

Both teams started well with some impressive football but slowly Coleshill started to take control. Chris Lloyd and Barry Fitzharris had goalbound shots blocked. Chris Gumery had a header tipped over the bar and then Dan Dineen and Danny Douglas both put headers over the bar before Powis missed the best chance of the half as his header went wide when he really should have done better. A series of free kicks ensured but Dineen's effort was straight at the keeper then Leon Weller hit one well over before hitting yet another dead ball whizzing past the upright. The visitors first chance was on 32 minutes, a weak header at the far post, but with Coleshill being so dominant and failing to find the net, Heath Hayes came more into the game as half time approached.
Dineen had the first chance of the second 45, his effort being hacked off the line but Coleshill finally got the reward their play deserved on 57 minutes. Gumery held the ball up well on the edge of the box and fed Powis who rolled the ball into the path of Barry Fitzharris who shot home with his left foot. It was no more than the Colemen deserved and they should have gone on to put the game safe but Hayes had other idea's. Paul Hathaway made his first real save of the game as he tipped a dipping cross over the bar and minutes later they were back to claim a disputed equaliser. The Town defence seemed to disappear as Heath's No10 had oceans of space to chip Hathaway, his effort coming back off the bar but into the path of David Waple who tucked the ball into an empty net. Coleshill appealed for off side, the linesman's flag went up and down like a yo-yo, the referee discussed the matter at length but finally gave the goal. Coleshill were frustrated by the decision and the fact that they were level again in a game they had dominated. It started to get nasty, Town lost their composure and Heath Hayes sensed an unlikely win was on the cards. Luckily Hayes didn't have enough quality to take advantage and Coleshill eventually settled back into a rhythm and got their noses back in front with a soft penalty on 71 minutes. Gumery crossed the ball into the box, Powis controlled on his chest but a little nudge in the back sent him sprawling and the referee pointed to the spot. Gumery took the spot kick and made no mistake. The visitors challenge then faded and Coleshill should have scored again as Douglas, Scott James and Jordan Archer all had efforts at goal but the Greens had to be content with a narrow 2-1 win.
Only three games into the season but Coleshill have played some impressive stuff. They look solid in defence although two of the three goals they have conceded have come from the scorer being completely unmarked, the midfield works tirelessly from box to box, and Gumery up front holds the ball up ever so well. Maybe the only thing missing is an out and out goalscorer but I've got to say that the football is a joy to watch at the moment, long may it continue!

Leon Weller hits a stunning free kick.

Barry Fitzharris goes close.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2013-2014”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest