Rocester 1 v 4 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2013-2014

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Rocester 1 v 4 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:46 am

Tuesday 4th March 2014
Midland Alliance
Rocester 1 v 4 Coleshill Town
Town: Ryan Nash, Connor Leek 2, Chris Lloyd.
Attendance: 71.

Team: Paul Hathaway, Leon Weller, Will Worthington, Luke Edwards, Jack Hullin, Barry Fitzharris, Danny Tymon, Oliver Casey (Chris Lloyd), Matt Brown, Dean Rathbone (Connor Leek), Ryan Nash. Subs not used Declan Kirby, Ashley Bradshaw, Rob Jeffers GK.

Ryan Nash scored after 20 minutes to give Coleshill the lead but the home side equalised on 37 minutes and the sides went into the interval at 1-1. Substitute Connor Leek restored Town's lead with a tremendous strike and fellow second half substitute Chris Lloyd increased the lead to 3-1. Coleshill could have gone further ahead but Matt Brown missed a penalty. However the Colemen did make it four with just two minutes to go when another great strike from Connor Leek, this time from further out, found the net for Coleshill's third straight win.


Rocester 1, Coleshill Town 4: Match report

Written byDAN BISHOP

TIREDNESS took its toll on a depleted Rocester side when they entertained high-flying Coleshill Town at Hillsfield on Tuesday night.

The Romans beat the odds to match the visitors for much of the game, but a late collapse saw them lose 4-1.

Coleshill came out all guns blazing and Tom Brown made two goal-line clearances in quick succession, while keeper Richard Froggatt held Matt Brown’s shot after the striker met Dean Rathbone’s cross.

When Brown turned Wain and fed the ball through to Ryan Nash on 20 minutes, there were vociferous offside appeals from the hosts, but the winger finished into the bottom corner.

Aaron Cole fired a warning shot across the bows with a tame effort at Paul Hathaway, but the Coleshill keeper was left powerless when Simeon Lawrence latched onto Brown’s ball forward and took a touch before finishing with a perfectly executed lob.

George Barlow sent an effort just shy of the top corner, and Cole saw a shot blocked and sent a second curling wide of goal.

The visitors started the second half well and it took a brave block from Wain to keep out Rathbone’s effort, while Froggatt was twice called upon to make saves from Nash.

Dan Brown went close after a neat turn and pass from strike partner Lawrence, but the majority of attacks were happening at the other end and Paul Whalley held off Matt Brown beautifully to snuff out one dangerous move.

However, the effort had sapped Rocester’s reserves of energy, and within three minutes of his introduction, fleet-footed Coleshill sub Connor Leek burst through and smashed home an unstoppable long-range effort.

Lloyd extended the lead a minute later when he lobbed Froggatt, and with that the game was all but up for Rocester.

Ryan Rutland-Jones’ challenge on Matt Brown on 80 minutes presented the Coleshill striker with the chance to add another goal from the spot, but his over-confidence got the better of him as he chipped the penalty over.

Leek did add another four minutes from time when he cut inside and despatched a low shot.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2013-2014”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest