Bedworth United 3 v 4 Coleshill Town - Birmingham Senior Cup

First Team Match Reports 2014-2015

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2769
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Bedworth United 3 v 4 Coleshill Town - Birmingham Senior Cup

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:24 am

Tuesday 28th October 2014
Birmingham Senior Cup
Bedworth United 3 v 4 Coleshill Town
Bedworth: Danny Dubidat 3.
Town: Mitchell Piggon, Dean Rathbone, Tom Weale, Simeon Cobourne.
Attendance: 122

Bedworth: Hinds, Kirby, Rowe, Mewies (for Bains 63), Cartwright, Albrighton, Johnson (for Donovan 45), Walters, Naughton, Dubidat, Creaney. Subs: Degville-Cross, Bains, Bevas, Harris, Donovan.

Town: Chris Jay, Leon Weller, Oliver Casey, Danny Douglas, James Williams, Danny Tymon, Ryan Nash, Tom Weale, Mitchell Piggon, Matt Brown, Dean Rathbone. Subs used Shane Benjamin, Simeon Cobourne. Subs not used Mathew R. Brown, Jonathan Jones, Conal Powell.

Coleshill gained an impressive victory over a team from the league that they aspire to be playing in, in the very near future! Debutant Mitchell Piggon took just six minutes to open his account and Coleshill were 2-0 up on 16 minutes with a Dean Rathbone effort. The home side pulled a goal back but Tom Weale made it 3-1 just before the break. United roared back in the second half and levelled the scores with two strikes but substitute Simeon Cobourne got the winner on 78 minutes.

Coleshill Town hit goal trail as they enjoy wins in league and cup

Simeone Cobourne's goal, five minutes from time, put Coleshill through to the next round of the Birmingham Senior Cup despite a Danny Dubidat hat-trick – his fourth of the season.

Bedworth had hauled themselves back from 3-1 down at the break after a horror show in defence in the opening 45 minutes.

Mitchell Piggon marked his Town debut with a goal after only four minutes against his former club, tapping in after the ball dropped kindly for him. And, by the 12th minute, the visitors were further ahead when another ex-United man Matty Brown robbed Kyle Cartwright of the ball and laid a goal on a plate for Dean Rathbone.

Brown could have added a third when Leon Weller burst down the right and picked out his late run but his shot came back off the inside of the left-hand post.

Dubidat pulled one back when he chested down Aiden Kirby's free kick and steered a shot past Chris Jay three minutes before the interval.

The two-goal cushion was restored as Tom Weale was given time 30 yards out to thump a shot past Denham Hinds.

United needed to step up the pace after the break and did so with Alex Naughton's free kick beaten away by Jay before Dubidat pounced on hestitation between Jay and Oliver Casey before coolly slotting home from the tightest of angles.

Luke Rowe was inches wide with a low free kick from 20 yards but he did set up the leveller for Dubidat, his inswinging corner met by a crisp header from the striker that gave Jay no chance.

But United had not learned the lessons from the first half and allowed Ryan Nash to get on the end of Weller's long ball into the box.

Hinds made the save but the ball broke for Benjamin to lash in from 12 yards

Match Report Taken From Bedworth United Web Site ... /0-2660347

Dubidat hat-trick in vain
by Jamie Home

BEDWORTH lost a dramatuic Birmingham Senior Cup tie with Coleshill at the Oval.

Former Greenback Mitchell Piggon found himself in space on the edge of the six yard box and tapped in the opener after only four minutes.

In the 12th minute it was two, Kyle Cartwright trying to shield the ball out of play but Matty Brown nipping in to pull the ball back for Dean Rathbone to slide a shot past Denham Hinds from 8 yards.

At the other end Danny Dubidat was clean through on goal but shot against the legs of Chris Jay.

Alex Naughton volleyed just wide but Brown again almost made the hosts pay when given too much space from Tom Weale’s free kick.

Brown then crashed a shot against the post arriving late onto Leon Weller’s pull back after a surging run down the right.

Dubidat pulled one back in the 42nd minute chesting down Aiden Kirby’s free kick and steering the ball into the bottom right-hand corner.

Weale restored the two goal cushion a minute before the break given time to cut in on his favoured right foot and lash a shot past Hinds from 30 yards.

Bedworth had much the better of the second half and pulled one back when Dubidat pounced as Oliver Casey and Jay hesitated, the striker sliding the ball in from the tightest of angles.

Ten minutes from time Luke Rowe swung over a corner and Dubidat rose highest in a crowded goalmouth to power in a header.

But five minutes later Weller’s long ball caught the hosts napping, Ryan Nash headed goalwards and though Hinds got a strong hand to it substitute Shaun Benjamin (It was Simeone Cobourne) drilled in the loose ball.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2014-2015”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest