Boldmere St Michaels 0 v 1 Coleshill Town - League Cup.

First Team Match Reports 2014-2015

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2769
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Boldmere St Michaels 0 v 1 Coleshill Town - League Cup.

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:29 am

Tuesday 17th February 2015
Midland Football League, Premier League Cup Quarter Final
Boldmere St Michaels 0 v 1 Coleshill Town
Scorer: Shane Benjamin.
Attendance: 114.

Opposition Player Of The Match: Connor Leek (Boldmere) Tom Weale (Coleshill).

Mikes: Adam Jenkins, Nick Heath, Adam Robinson, Ben Birch, ack Hulin, Roman Gayle, Roland Agbor, Alex Forde, Jermaine Clark, Kieran Westwood, Connor Leek. Subs Dominic Perkins, Jason Holmes, Kieran Clarke, Charisma Agbonlohor, Chris Gumery.

Colemen: Chris Jay, Leon Weller, Will Worthington, Rob Evans, Luke Edwards, Danny Tymon, Anthony Bevas (Deqwon Eubanks), Craig Milligan, Shane Benjamin, Tom Weale, Mykel Beckley. Subs not used Oliver Casey, Simeon Cobourne, Ryan Nash, Chris Hughes.

Another game, another win and another semi-final! The fabulous run continues! Coleshill are now unbeaten since 6th December! Town had already beaten their nearest rivals 3-0 and 5-0 in the league and although this was a much tougher affair, they still had enough to progress in the League Cup at Boldmere's expense and still without conceding a goal! Manager Paul Casey sprung a surprise with yet another new signing with ex Hereford and Westfields striker Dequon Eubanks on the bench. Regulars Dean Rathbone and Danny Douglas were still missing as was cup-tied Ricky Cutting.

Coleshill looked the better side but rarely tested Mikes keeper Adam Jenkins. The home side's best outlet was the pace of Roland Agbor who gave left full back Will Worthington a torrid time, something not many have done this season! The skill of ex-Coleshill winger Connor Leek was also causing problems but as in his spell at Packmeadow his influence diminished as the game wore on! A Tom Weale free kick that Jenkins punched away was the nearest Coleshill came to opening the scoring but the Mikes went one better as Kieran Westwood hit the woodwork from a similar effort. Stalemate at half time!

The second half started in a similar vein with Coleshill on top but Chris Jay had to be quick off his line to save at the feet of Westwood. Dequon Eubanks came on for his debut and had a great chance to be an instant hit as his was sent one on one by a Danny Tymon through ball but the striker disappointingly dragged his effort wide. Leek jincked his way to the edge of the box and saw his left foot effort parried away by Jay at full stretch. Town took the lead on 65 minutes as a Tom Weale free kick was partially cleared but when Leon Weller sent the ball back in Luke Edwards saw his header superbly saved by Jenkins, unfortunately for the home side Shane Benjamin was on hand to stab the loose ball home. His 33rd goal of the season. Benjamin almost made it 2-0 but his left foot effort was tipped round the post. Mikes substitute Jason Holmes had two great chances to level the scores but sent both efforts way wide, then Rob Evans had a goal bound header cleared off the line, but the one goal was enough to send Coleshill through to their second Semi-Final.

Interestingly, all four Quarter Finals were won 1-0 by the away team and so the semi-finalists who meet in a two legged Semi-Final, are Coleshill, Long Eaton, Rocester and Westfields. Draw and Dates yet to be confirmed.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2014-2015”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest