Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Rocester

First Team Match Reports 2014-2015

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2769
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Rocester

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:36 am

Tuesday 24th February 2015
Midland Football League Premier
Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Rocester
Town: Mykel Beckley, Chris Hughes.
Romans: Dan Brown.
Attendance: 52.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Tom Weale (Coleshill), Andrew Mottershead (Rocester)

Town: Chris Jay, Leon Weller, Will Worthington, Rob Evans, Luke Edwards, Chris Hughes, Mykel Beckley, Craig Milligan, Deqwon Ebanks, Ricky Cutting, Tom Weale. Subs used: Simeon Cobourne, Danny Douglas, Jacob Wright. Subs not used: Ryan Nash, Oliver Casey.

Red Card: Rob Evans.

Romans: Carl Allen, Daniel Brown, Evan Cawley, Richard Froggatt, Samuel Griffiths, Thomas Land, Andrew Mottershead, Robert Ritchie-Smith, Scott Staniland, Callum Thompson, Kyle Wadsworth. Subs: Thomas Charles Brown, Mathew Nutt, Liam Shaw.

Coleshill overcame a resiliant Rocester side to maintain their title push
Match report by Paul Billing

Coleshill had to make a number of enforced changes with Shane Benjamin, Dean Rathbone, Danny Tymon sidelined and Danny Douglas returning on the bench after a couple of week off with injury.

Coleshill started very lively and were soon putting Rocester under pressure. Their superiority soon took its toll when Deqwon Ebanks flicked on a long ball, Mykel Beckley broke through the back four to latch on to the flick forward and calmly took a touch before firing past the advancing keeper.

Coleshill continued to dominate and soon doubled their lead, Chris Hughes received a cross deep inside the Rocester penalty area he took a sublime touch controlling the ball instantly and fired in to the net.

Rocester started to get themselves into the game and were soon causing one or two uncomfortable moments for the Coleshill defence. The away side were able to capitalise on their play and after causing chaos in the Coleshill six yard area Dan Brown was able to force the ball home.

For the second half Coleshill made a few adjustments and looked in total control of the game although they were unable to extend their lead. The one disappointment was the dismissal of Rob Evans when a fifty/fifty challenge resulted in the only person in the ground (the referee) seeing what he thought was a red card challenge.

Coleshill stood firm and saw out the last 20 minutes with 10 men to move joint top of the League.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2014-2015”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest