Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Heanor Town

First Team Match Reports 2017-2018

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2769
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Heanor Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:40 am

Saturday 30th September 2017
Midland Football League Premier
Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Heanor Town
Coleshill: Jordan Nadat, Matt Gardner.
Heanor: Shaun Roulston.
Attendance: 123.
Opposition Player Of The Match: Shaun Roulston ( Heanor)
Supporters Club Man Of The Match, Sponsored by Greensleeves: Joe Halsall.

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, Jorna Moulton, Anton Astley, Rob Evans, Luke Edwards, Danny Tymon (Matt Gardner), Ryan Edmunds (Drew Aiton), Joe Halsall, Jordan Nadat, Reece Leek, Dean Rathbone. Subs not used Giovanni Dainty, Jesse Race, Liam Molesworth.

Heanor: Cammidge, Marriott, Oliver, Craddock, Shaun Roulston, Hall, Naylor, Brown, Reeves, Vickers, Lee. Subs: Wilkinson, Gordon, Stockley, Robley, Scott.

Leaders Coleshill Town defeated Heanor Town 2-1, Jordan Nadat and Matt Gardner with the goals.

By Craig Hamilton

Coleshill kicked off and went straight on the attack but could not find a finish against a solid Heanor defence and this would set the pattern of play as Heanor started to take control of the game.
A left wing cross was fumbled by Paul Hathaway in the Coleshill goal but the danger was cleared for a corner which was swung into the area for the Heanor centre half Roulston to head home with a powerful header on 8 minutes.
Then good build up play by Coleshill saw the ball find its way to Danny Tymon but his shot from 20 yards was easily saved, then Coleshill had another chance as a long ball over the Heanor defence was deflected just past the post for a corner. But Heanor started to take control of the game and some smart football down their right saw a cross find Vickers free in the box but Paul Hathaway saved the effort. 
Coleshill start to get into the game and good play in midfield saw Dean Rathbone cross the ball into the box but saw Jordan Nadat's header hit the top of the crossbar and went over. Then a right wing free kick by Ryan Edmunds saw Rob Evans put the ball in the net but the referee saw it was handball and disallowed the goal. 
After Heanor had had the better play of the first half Coleshill had a few chances as first Dean Rathbone shot wide and then Ryan Edmunds saw a header cleared off the line but their efforts soon get rewarded as Reece Leek won the ball in midfield and played the ball to Jordan Nadat who held off the defender and took the ball round the keeper to equalise on 40 minutes. The action didn't stop there as Heanor nearly snatched the lead as Reeves collected a long ball beat Rob Evans but saw his shot saved by Paul Hathaway.

The first half ends 1-1 with both sides playing some good football but Heanor the better side for long periods.

Coleshill came out for the second half and their intention was clear from the start as Ryan Edmunds beat two defenders but his cross/shot went wide. Then a ball out to Reece Leek on the left saw him cut inside the defender and curl a shot from 20 yards that Cammidge in the Heanor goal did well to save. Coleshill were playing much better now and a right wing free kick to the far post was headed back across goal but Joe Halsall saw his effort cleared off the line. Matt Gardner was then sent on for Danny Tymon in a change in formation.
Heanor were still not out of the game though and they won the ball in midfield and played in to Reeves but again he shot wide and this proves to be their last real chance as Coleshill regain the momentum and Jorna Moulton played a good ball to Reece Leek down the right but his cross was missed by Jordan Nadat. Ryan Edmunds was then replaced by Drew Aiton and he got straight into the game winning his first tackle. Anton Astley then found Dean Rathbone but he bent his shot wide with just 5 minutes to play.
It looked like a draw was a fair result with the way both sides had played but then in the last minute Drew Aiton picked the ball up in midfield and hit a bullet like shot from 30 yards that hit the underside of the bar and bounced down and as the Heanor defence scramble to clear the ball Matt Gardner reacts quickest and stabs the ball over the line from 2 yards to give Coleshill a 2-1 lead and there is no time for any more action as the referee blows for full-time.

After being the better side for long periods of the first half Heanor will be disappointed not to take anything from the game but Coleshill showed in the second half why they are top of the league playing a lot better and showing grit and determination not to be beaten.

A Match Report taken from the Heanor web site ... /1-2891618

Late Coleshill winner prevents Lions from claiming deserved point

Matthew Gardner's last-gasp winner denied Heanor a share of the spoils in an entertaining game at Pack Meadow.
As has often been the case this season Heanor started the game well, and took the lead in the 8th minute when Shaun Roulston was given the freedom of Coleshill to head home from a corner.
The Lions continued to create chances and nearly added to their tally when Elliott Reeves found his close range effort blocked by the Coleshill 'keeper following an incisive counter-attack.
However, Coleshill were themselves creating chances and had a goal disallowed in the 23rd minute after Robert Evans produced his best Maradona impression to needlessly punch the ball into the net. He subsequently received a yellow card.
Ten minutes before half-time, the Lions had a good shout for penalty when Jordan Lee's jinking run was ended abruptly in the penalty area, however, the referee waved away any appeals.
Moments later, Coleshill got their equaliser after Jordan Nadat got on the end of a long ball to slot his effort under the advancing Cammidge.
Heanor were not be undeterred, however, and Reeves capitalised on some sloppy Coleshill play to tee up Jordan Lee, but Lee's effort was straight at the 'keeper.
The second half saw Heanor deal well with increased Coleshill pressure, including a smart save by Cammidge from Reece Leek's powerful effort from 30 yards.
There were opportunities for Heanor, however, and none better than when Reeves dragged his effort just wide after being played in.
But, after defending stoically throughout the half, Coleshill managed to grab a winner in the dying moments of the game. Drew Aiton's thunderous strike cannoned off the bar and Matthew Gardner bundled home the rebound.
It was a result Heanor certainly didn't deserve, and they will look to get back to winning ways against Highgate United on Saturday 7th October.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2017-2018”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest