Aylesbury United 2 v 0 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2019-2020

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2769
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Aylesbury United 2 v 0 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Saturday 14th September 2019
Bet Victor Southern League Division One Central
Aylesbury United 2 v 0 Coleshill Town
Scorers: Ken Feyi, Sydney Ibie.
Attendance: 106.

Ducks: Jack Hopwood, Anthony Ball, Jake Bewley, Jack Wood, Jordan Jenkins, Mark Riddick, Ollie Hogg, Lewis Osbourne, Ken Feyi, Sonny French, Harry Jones. Subs Ben Seaton, Greg Williams, Jacob Hutchinson, Derek Feyi, Sydney Ibie.

Colemen: Matt Coton, Joe Cole, Josh Webb (Edilson Panzo-Antonio), Matt Jackson, Rudy Misambo (Keiran Dawes), Keenan Meakin-Richards, Liam Molesworth (Matt Gardner), Joe Smith, Luke Keen, Gio Dainty, Amarvir Sandhu. Sub not used Max Brogan.

Coleshill travelled to Aylesbury United (Chesham) in need of some points having achieved just one win and one draw from their four league games so far but needed to overcome an in form Ducks team that were unbeaten from their five games with two wins and three draws.
The game started at a lacklustre pace with neither side going for it! The visitors had the first chance when a Joe Smith free kick was headed over the bar at the near post by Gio Dainty. Amarvir Sandu forced a corner and Liam Molesworth had an effort tipped over the bar but it wouldn't have counted anyway as offside was given. Matt Jackson was shown a soft yellow card that would come back to haunt him late in the game. Aylesbury's first action came from a free kick taken by Jake Bewley but a Joe Cole header cleared the danger. A second Bewley free kick caused more problems as Osbourne headed over the bar. Home keeper Hopwood was way out of his box and fouled Amarvir Sandu. Joe Smith's free kick was again headed over the bar this time by Liam Molesworth. Coleshill were on top slightly at this point but couldn't force the opening goal. Another free kick by Bewdley was cleared by a Rudy Misambo header but when the ball was recycled into the box Matt Jackson clumsily sent Wood to the floor and the referee pointed to the spot. Ken Feyi's effort was heading for the top corner but Town keeper Matt Coton flung himself across his goalline and pushed the ball away for a corner. Joe Smith found himself in the book as a series of strange decisions from the referee started to frustrate both teams. Amarvir Sandu was causing all sorts of problems for the home defence and gained another free kick. Joe Smith's delivery was met almost under the bar by the head of Rudy Misambo but somehow his effort went over the bar and he was injured in the process. From their own box Aylesbury broke quickly, Feyi lobbed Coton from the edge of the box which hit the inside of the post and although Coton got back in an attempt to clear off the line, the Assistant Referee indicated it as a goal. 1-0 35 minutes gone. Liam Molesworth sent a free kick from central just outside the box round the wall but easily into keeper Hopwood's arms. Luke Keen and Gio Dainty had shots blocked on the edge of the box but the half ended with Coleshill one down.
As in the first half Amarvir Sandu was Coleshill's biggest threat and when he jincked his way into the box from the left wing and was brought down it looked like a stonewall penalty but nothing given. A Liam Molesworth run and cross went across the six yard box but there was no one there to convert as the Colemen had their best period of the game. Ollie Hogg had a great chance to increase the lead but dragged a shot well wide. Coleshill had another clear shout for a penalty when there was a clear hand ball offence in the box but again nothing was given. Town really just weren't getting the rub of the green. Luke Keen's shot was deflected away from goal and keeper Hopwood claimed a Joe Smith cross. French had a goalbound shot blocked by Joe Cole and then a Gio Dainty shot from 22 yards was blocked inside the box. It just wasn't Coleshill's day and on 75 minutes it got worse. Bewley made a run down the left and his cross found substitute Ibie unmarked at the far post and he side footed into the net 2-0. Matt Jackson cleared a Feyi effort off the line as the home teams confidence grew as the points were within sight. With time and patience running out Matt Jackson vented his feelings to another free kick on the edge of the box which resulted in another yellow card and he was off. The last action saw Town man of the match Amarvir Sandu force another corner but when Edilson Antonio headed wide at the far post it summed up Coleshill's day.

Another defeat and Coleshill dropped another place down the table. Next up is a trip to Daventry who Town convincingly beat for their only win of the season so far. An early double would definitely come in handy at this point of the campaign.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2019-2020”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest