Coleshill Town 0 v 6 Aylesbury United

First Team Match Reports 2019-2020

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2769
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 0 v 6 Aylesbury United

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:12 am

Saturday 25th January 2020
Bet Victor Southern League Division One Central
Coleshill Town 0 v 6 Aylesbury United
Scorers: Anthony Ball, Jack Wood, Sonny French, Max Hercules, Ty Deacon pen, Own Goal (Matt Jackson).
Barry Fitzharris Red Card.
Attendance: 111.
Supporters Club Man Of The Match: Zayn Hakeem.

Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Josh Webb, Jordan Francis, Matt Jackson, Nyeko Sinclair (Edilson Pandora-Antonio), Joe Smith, Liam Molesworth, Joe Halsall (Jerome Clarke), Zayn Hakeem, Ethan Mannion (Lewis Rankin), Barry Fitzharris. Subs Jerome Clarke, Edilson Pandora-Antonio, Lewis Rankin, Ewan Williams.

Ducks: Jack Hopwood, Harry Jones, Jake Bewley, Jack Wood, Jordan Jenkins, Mark Riddick, Anthony Ball, Lewis Osborne, Ty Deacon, Sonny French, Max Hercules. Subs Greg Williams, Alfi Touceda, Melvy N’Somi, Ben Williams.

Taken from the Aylesbury web site
- Aylesbury’s biggest win of the season and Coleshill’s biggest defeat.
- The first time United have scored six goals since 2018/2019 season.
- Greg Williams makes his 500th appearance for Aylesbury United
- Jack Hopwood and Max Hercules make their 50th appearance for Aylesbury United
- Alfi Touceda comes off the bench to make his Ducks debut
- Jack Wood's first goal of the season
Match report by Ian Pluck
Following the disappointment of losing the Berks & Bucks cup match in midweek, the Ducks looked to bounce back on the 3G pitch at Coleshill Town. With Dave O’Connor missing following his injury last week, Jordan Jenkins and Jack Wood paired up at centre back, with Harry Jones again playing at full back.
The Ducks were quickly on the front foot, with a cross from Max Hercules cleared to Lewis Osbourne on the edge of the box; his shot was blocked and rebounded to Sonny French whose goal bound shot hit Ty Deacon and out for a goal kick.

Hercules was involved again in the 6th minute, working well down the left and playing a pass to the overlapping Jake Bewley, whose deep cross was met by Osbourne, but his header was over the cross bar.
In the 15th minute the Ducks opened the scoring; Deacon won the ball in the air, his flick on falling to Anthony Ball on the edge of the penalty area, before firing a left foot shot past Paul Hathaway. 1-0 Aylesbury
Four minutes later the lead was doubled after Deacon did well to win a corner on the left; Hercules delivered the ball into the six-yard box where Jack Wood powered a header into the net to register his first goal of the season. 2-0 Aylesbury

It was to get even better just 60 seconds later, a long ball forward by Jenkins was headed out by Nyeko Sinclair to Osbourne who played a delicious first-time volley into the path of Sonny French who took one touch and hit a left foot shot past Hathaway from 20 yards. 3-0 Aylesbury
Three goals up in 20 minutes and the hosts had barely had an opportunity to threaten Jack Hopwood’s goal. Their first attempt came a minute after the third goal, as a long ball forward saw Ethan Mannion beat Wood to an aerial ball, with the ball falling to Liam Molesworth 25 yards out. He fired a left foot shot towards goal, but it was directed straight at Hopwood.
In the 24th minute Deacon cut in from the left and fired a shot from 25 yards, but was tackled late by home skipper Matt Jackson, resulting in a free kick. Hercules stepped up to take the kick, but his effort was just over the cross bar.
Just before the half hour and the Ducks were forced into a change, with Ball struggling to breathe and being replaced by Melvy N’Somi.
Two minutes later, a deep cross from Molesworth was played back into the penalty area by Jordan Francis to Barry Fitzharris, whose shot from 25 yards was too high to trouble Hopwood.
The home side were enjoying a good spell, and came very close to scoring in the 34th minute. A throw in on the left saw Molesworth cross towards Zayn Hakeem who hit a powerful shot from 25 yards, but was unfortunate to see it hit the crossbar and bounce down to be cleared to safety. Five minutes later and a short corner routine involving Molesworth, Hakeem and Fitzharris resulted in the ball being crossed deep where Joe Halsall met the ball but could only direct his effort wide of Hopwood’s far post when it seemed easier to score.
Half-time: Coleshill 0-3 Aylesbury
Six minutes after half time and Osbourne almost added to the scoreline. Bewley found his team mate with a throw in, which saw the midfielder let the ball run across his body and hit a dipping volley which drifted just wide of the far post.
There was a great opportunity for the home side to get on the score sheet in the 53rd minute. Hakeem collected a long ball forward and saw his shot parried by Hopwood. The ball rebounded to the striker who cut inside Jenkins but was fouled, resulting in a penalty. Molesworth stepped up to take the spot kick, but after sending Hopwood the wrong way, his effort hit the base of the post.

Just past the hour mark, N’Somi robbed Sinclair on the left and crossed deep to Hercules. He took a touch and fired a shot from 15 yards which flew over the bar.
The pressure that the Ducks had been applying brought its reward in the 67th minute. Nice interplay between Deacon and French saw the ball played to N’Somi on the left, he cut into the penalty area and played the ball low towards the far post where Hercules arrived to tap in his 4th goal in 5 matches since returning, and celebrate his 50th appearance for the club. 4-0 Aylesbury
With 15 minutes remaining, Hercules picked up the ball on the right and took on Joshua Webb. As he reached the by-line and prepared to cross the ball, the defender was adjudged to have fouled him with a penalty awarded by referee Jamie Conde. Before the spot kick could be taken, Fitzharris was shown a red card for foul and abusive language towards the assistant referee. Despite the delay, Deacon stepped up and calmly placed the ball past Hathaway to extend the lead. 5-0 Aylesbury
Following the goal, the Ducks made a double substitution, with two players at opposite ends of their club careers entering the fray. Greg Williams, making his 500th appearance for the club replaced Mark Riddick, while Alfi Touceda made his Ducks debut replacing Osbourne. In a fitting show of respect, skipper Jack Wood handed the armband to Greg, known to all Ducks fans as “The Leader” to signify his fantastic loyalty and achievement in reaching his milestone.
The day was almost complete for Williams as he made a trademark late run to the near post for a Bewley corner and directed his header on target, only to see Hathaway make a fine stop to deny him a goal on his big day.
The scoring was completed in the 88th minute; Harry Jones chipped a ball into the penalty area where Hercules challenged for the ball in the air with home skipper Jackson; the defender unfortunate to see his header beat his goalkeeper and secure the Duck’s 6th goal. 6-0 Aylesbury
Shortly afterwards the referee brought the match to a close, with the bare minimum of time added on, which was probably out of sympathy for the home side. A match that will last long in the memory of the Ducks supporters and a fitting way for the Leader to celebrate his 500th appearance. Next up is a home match against a strangely under achieving Bedford Town next Saturday.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2019-2020”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest