North Leigh 2 v 2 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2019-2020

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2769
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

North Leigh 2 v 2 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu May 27, 2021 12:56 pm

Tuesday 10th March 2020
Southern League Division One Central
North Leigh 2 v 2 Coleshill Town
Millers: Elliot Osborne-Ricketts, Andy Gunn.
Coleshill: Ethan Mannion, Paul Hathaway pen.

Millers: Adam North, Scott Isherwood, Morgan Williams, Lewis Gabbidon, Adam Learoyd, Andrew Gunn, Henry Landers, Aaron Heap, Lance Williams, Elliot Osborne-Ricketts, Harry Grant. Subs Aaron Woodly, George Seacole, Ryan Crooks, Ben Brown.

Colemen: Paul Hathaway, Josh Webb, Gio Dainty, Matt Jackson, Joe Cole, Danny Tymon, Kieran Hinchley (Lewis Rankin), Joe Halsall, Zayn Hakeem (Nyeko Sinclair), Ethan Mannion (Max Brogan), Amarvir Sandhu. Sub not used Sammy Leonard-Mould.

Coleshill started brightly and could have been two up within the first five minutes but as often happens North Leigh took the lead with their first attack on 15 minutes. Coleshill worked their way back into the game and Ethan Mannion scored with a peach of a free kick. When Amarvir Sandhu got took down in the box it was up to Town keeper Paul Hathaway again to put the ball in the net from the penalty spot. 2-1 up and looking good value for their lead but it all went wrong in the last fifteen minutes as North Leigh equalised and Danny Tymon saw RED and Coleshill had to hang on for a point with ten men.

Taken From North Leigh Website

The Millers continue their unbeaten form at home with draw over Midlands side Coleshill Town.
The Millers were back in action this Tuesday night at home against Warwickshire outfit Coleshill Town.

This week has seen rainfall once again across West Oxfordshire, but thanks to the hard working grounds staff and volunteers, the pitch did pass the pitch inspection and the game was a go-ahead.

North Leigh stuck to their guns and were unchanged from their last result albeit with the addition of new signing Ryan Crooks who had signed for The Millers from local giants Oxford United. Coleshill were also introducing their new signing Kieron Hinchley straight into the starting XI who had recently been signed on loan from Alfreton.

North Leigh looked to continue their solid run of form of late and were desperate to gain some points after securing a vital victory at the weekend over Welwyn Garden City. Coleshill were looking to seal victory over The Millers after falling just short in the reverse fixture that ended 2-1 to the West Oxfordshire side.

Both teams were raring to go and it was the home side who had first pickings and struck first. On the stroke of the 15th minute Morgan Williams' well timed run allowed him to dart past the last defender before pulling the ball back finding the young speedster Scott Isherwood who darted down the flanks. Scott played a superb cross into Elliott Osborne-Ricketts who quite smartly back heeled the ball past the bemused Paul Hathaway. North Leigh 1-0 Coleshill Town.

Coleshill remained vigilant and were awarded a free-kick 25 yards from goal after a late timed tackle from the home side. Ethan Mannion stepped up and calmly slotted his left footed effort over the wall and past Adam North who was rooted to the spot. Fantastic goal from the number 10. North Leigh 1-1 Coleshill Town.

Ethan Mannion was playing havoc with The Millers and thought he had scored just 5 minutes after with Adam North pulling off a marvellous save, denying Mannion with his second of the night.

The Millers were quick to react and Harry Grant went on a fantastic run through the centre of the park, lobbing the ball over the Coleshill defence finding Osborne-Ricketts who almost scored his second of the night, unfortunately looping his header just over Hathaway.

With half time fast approaching both teams were wiling for the whistle to blow. It was time to regroup and come up with a strategic battle plan to break down one another's play and steal victory. Both teams went into the break one a piece.

North Leigh started the second half quickly and man of the moment Henry Landers was chasing down the ball determined to add to his impressive goals tally for the season. His first attempt came from a headed effort that went inches over. Shortly after the missed header Landers once again went on one of his trademark runs, only to be taken down on the edge of the box. Henry stepped up to take the free-kick but Hathaway, once again, was alert and rushed out to catch the shot.

Just after the hour mark both teams were trying desperately to create a bit of daylight between one another. Amaruir Sandhu darted into the box and a late timed challenge meant that the away side were awarded a penalty. Now normally the person who takes the penalty would be the person who had won the foul, but out of nowhere Hathaway (the Goal Keeper) came sprinting down the pitch, and on this occasion stepped up and buried the ball to the left of Adam North. North Leigh 1-2 Coleshill Town.

North Leigh could not have reacted better. Five minutes after conceding the penalty, they themselves were awarded a free-kick about 30 yards out. Morgan Williams stepped up and curled his cross into Andy Gunn who fired his header on the far post past Hathaway to score the equaliser. Game on! North Leigh 2-2 Coleshill Town.

Both teams were now searching for the all important winner when Coleshill thought that they should have been awarded a penalty after Kieran Hinchley was brought to ground by Adam Learoyd. The referee waved on but in the midst of the action it all seemed to kick off with Danny Tymon ultimately getting a straight red card for his actions towards the opposing player.

With Coleshill down to 10 men, and only 15 minutes left on the clock, The Millers decided to make a few changes. Debutante Ryan Crooks was brought on, alongside George Seacole to add a much more direct attacking option for the home side. In the dying seconds of the game North Leigh almost stole victory after a well taken corner was put in finding Lance Williams on the far post who saw his header well saved by Hathaway.

All in all it was a very end to end match with both teams playing some impressive football. North Leigh remain unbeaten at home and Coleshill would be happy with the point after a long journey down on a Tuesday evening. Final score at Eynsham Park North Leigh 2-2 Coleshill Town.

And that was it for the season as the Covid 19 Pandemic reached the “Lockdown” stage and the powers that be decided to call season 2019/2020 “Null and Void”.
No promotion and no relegation so the same 20 teams will try again next season in the Southern League Division One Central.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2019-2020”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest