Thame United 4 v 1 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2020-2021

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2573
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Thame United 4 v 1 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:08 am

Tuesday 6th October 2020
Southern League Division One Central
Thame United 4 v 1 Coleshill Town
United: Lynton Goss 3, Ryan Blake.
Colemen: Daniel Dubidat.
Attendance: 101.

Thame: Christopher Rackley, Harry Mepham, David Lynn, Callum Mapley, Harry Tucker, Liam Tack, Greg Hackett, Benjamin Sturgess, Lynton Goss, Daniel West, Ryan Blake. Subs Joe Wylie, Noah, Alabi, Jack Tutton, Mathew Peake-Pijnen.

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, Sam McLintock (Josh Webb), Taylor Byrne, Harry Higginson, Shay Palmer, Danny Tymon, Kai Tonge (Ethan Mannion), Joe Halsall, Daniel Dubidat, Max Brogan (Vidal Henrickson), Gio Dainty. Sub not used Chris Mullings.

The organisation by the Town defence in the previous game went missing as Thame scored twice inside the first FIVE minutes. Coleshill slowly got back into the game and scored just before half time through Daniel Dubidat. Town took charge early in the second half but a breakaway goal extended the home sides lead and they added a fourth in the 90th minute.

Coleshill put on a magnificent rearguard 45 minute display last time out at Berkhamsted after going down to ten men just before half time. A similar display against Thame would give them something to build on and hopefully push on for a second straight win. Unfortunately the plan went out of the window as the Colemen conceded two goals within the first Five minutes.
The Referee had barely taken the starting whistle from his mouth before Goss, receiving the ball with his back to goal and a packed penalty area, no less that eight Town players, turned and bent a shot over the pack and into the top corner of the net. Well that wasn't a very good start, but it got worse! Blake's pace was causing all kinds of problems for the visiting defence and when he switched to the right he took on Taylor Byrne. To be fair to Byrne he did get his tackle in but the ball fell kindly for Blake who just rolled it into the path of the running Goss who smashed the ball into the net. 2-0 it's a long way back from there! Thame continued the assault on the Coleshill goal and how they didn't increase their lead is a mystery. Town keeper Paul Hathaway saved a shot from Tack, West sent a free kick over the bar, Hackett hit the bar and followed up with a shot that Hathaway pushed on to the post and clear. Coleshill slowly came into the game and their first chance came when Kai Tonge outpaced his marker, got to the byeline and crossed low and hard into the six yard box where Daniel Dubidat touched just past the post. Thame had a big shout for a penalty but the Referee gave a corner and West headed just over the bar. Danny Tymon had a shot from distance that took a deflection and Harry Higginson headed over the resulting corner. Another run and cross by Tonge was cleared off the Home goaline but his third attempt was successful. Again Kai Tonge got to the byeline and his hard and low cross was met at the near post by Daniel Dubidat who flicked the ball home. After being dead and buried it was now game on! Max Brogan cut in from the left and shot from 25 yards that home keeper Rackley did well to save and that was it for the first half.

Coleshill started the second half much better than they had the first. Sam McLintock's cross only just evaded the diving Dubidat and a deep cross by Taylor dropped behind the defence but Dubidat just couldn't gather. A break from defence by Shay Palmer found Tonge then Dubidat but the shot lacked power. This was much better, the next goal was crucial! It came but at the wrong end as Blake sprinted down the left and his cross shot came off a defender and into the net. 3-1 to United. Not what Town deserved at that point! Coleshill were dejected and it showed when Harry Higginson took out a player on the byline and was lucky to get a yellow card, and Daniel Dubidat got the same colour card for demonstrating to the ref! Hackett nearly increased the score with a fine run and shot but Hathaway made an even better save. West headed wide from a corner, then a shot by Hackett deflected off Taylor Bryne and Hathaway cleared the goalbound effort with an amazing reaction save. Danny Tymon brought a save from Rackley and Dubidat headed against the bar but it was Thame who had the last word in the final minute as Goss completed his hat-trick with a fine individual goal.

Coleshill must lick their wounds and start again as Aylesbury United are the next opponents on Saturday at Pack Meadow.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2020-2021”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests