Coleshill Town 1 v 5 Carlton Town - FA Trophy

First Team Match Reports 2023-2024

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 1 v 5 Carlton Town - FA Trophy

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:59 am

Saturday 9th September 2023
Isuzu FA Trophy
Coleshill Town 1 v 5 Carlton Town
Coleshill: Theo Rowe.
Carlton: Alex Hardwick 2, Khyle Sargent, Lewis Durow, Romello Nangle.
Attendance: 110.
Supporters Club Man Of The Match:

Coleshill: Paul Hathaway, Vidal Hendrickson, Oscar Tonge, Harry Higginson (Gio Dainty), Taylor Carter-Byrne, Fraser Doyle (Robbie Bunn), Theo Rowe, Josh Willis , Zaqib Hussain (Lewis Collins), Alex Tomkinson, George Washbourne.
Subs not used: Lewis Landers GK, Rio Molyneaux, Luke Cutlin, Ishan Rehman.

Carlton: Felix Annan, David Adegbola, Lewis Durow, Daniel Brown, Dean Freeman, Greg Tempest (Michael Ford), Niall Davie (Romello Nangle), Khyle Sargent, Alex Hardwick, Alex Howes, Niall Hylton (Shea Thompson-Harris).
Subs not used: Nykah Liburd-Hines, Zac Hill.

Coleshill started the game well and deservedly took the lead on 19 minutes with a real team goal. It started in their own half with Vidal Hendrickson but passing between George Washbourne, Josh Willis and Alex Tomkinson sliced open the visitors defence and Theo Rowe finished the move with a left foot shot from just inside the box and into the corner of the net for his first goal for the club. It could have got better when George Washbourne had a chance to double the lead when he dispossessed the defender inside the box but poked his shot wide of the post. But it changed in a devastating six minutes just before the break. On 39 minutes Hardwick ran down the right side of the box and hit a rocket shot into the roof of the net from a tight angle. Just four minutes later a cross by Davie was met by the head of Hardwick for his second. George Washbourne shot narrowly wide but the visitors made it three on the stroke of half time. Sargent’s header from a corner seemed to be cleared by Theo Rowe but the officials decided the ball was already over the line.

George Washbourne had an early chance to reduce the arrears in the second half but his effort cleared the bar. Then on 63 minutes a free kick wide right was volleyed into the net at the far post by Lewis Durow. With just ten minutes to go the visitors made it five when Howes made a busting run from within his own half and fed Nangle who powerfully held off his marker and shot left footed across goal and into the far corner of the net. Oscar Tonge had an opportunity in the dying seconds to add a second for Coleshill but his effort was well saved by keeper Annan.

A disappointing afternoon for Coleshill and an exit from both FA competitions in consecutive games.
Back to the bread and butter of the league next week with the visit of Quorn to Pack Meadow.

By Carlton reporter Harry.

A strong start from Coleshill Town was rewarded after 19 minutes. Josh Willis’s through ball put Theo Rowe one on one with the keeper and he calmly placed the ball into the keeper’s bottom left hand corner.

Coleshill nearly doubled their lead when a mix up in the Carlton defence left George Washbourne through on goal, but he could only stab his shot wide of the post.

After 39 minutes, Carlton were level. Alex Howes through ball slipped through Alex Hardwick, down the Carlton right and his powerful shot hit the roof of the net.

Carllton quickly turned the game around on 43 minutes, when a brilliant cross by Niall Davie, down Carlton’s right side, was met by Hardwick and his thunderous header beat the keeper to give Carlton a 2-1 lead.

Carlton then added a third just before half time. Greg Tempest’s corner was met at the back post by Khyle Sargent,whose header looped over the keeper and extended Carlton’s lead.

Coleshill tried to find a way back into the game, when Rowe combined easily with Zaquib Hussain down Coleshill’s left, however Rowe’s shot from the edge of the 18-yard box was well saved by Felix Annan.

Carlton added a fourth after 63 minutes, when Greg Tempest’s free kick from 25 yards out, was met at the back post by Lewis Durow, who volleyed the ball home.

Carlton rounded the game off with a quick break started by Howes, who drove at the defence and fed Romello Nangle. The Forward still had work to do, and his touch created space for him to fire pass the keeper into the bottom left corner, making the score 5-1 at 79 minutes. The goal rounded off a brilliant display from the Millers and puts them into the next round of the FA Trophy.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2023-2024”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests